Outlook file folder disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveywaz

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Suddenly an Outlook file folder, with its several subfolders, just disappeared. It was one of a number of folders, many containing subfolders, under the same main heading, and the others are all still there. This happened I believe after an auto-archive, but I can't be sure because I hadn't had occasion to use that folder for a couple of weeks.

But what is strange is that when I do a search in the Outlook search window for a key-word that is in the Subject line or body of all the emails in that folder and its subfolders, these emails all show up, eg.,

"From field" "Subject field" "date and size fields" "My Kori Personal Folders" "Makaha Surfside B118"

Where My Kori Personal Folders is name of my main inbox folder, and Makaha Surfside B118 is one of the missing subfolders. It doesn't show the complete chain. This email is one of many that show up in this same subfolder, which in turn is under a subfolder "Makaha Surfside", which is under "Real Estate". When I click on this item the original email comes up, just as it would if it were in its proper place. But it's not there! Nor do any of the Makaha Surfside subfolders, yet all the other Real Estate folders and subfolders show up properly. Where is it?

Suddenly an Outlook file folder, with its several subfolders, just disappeared. It was one of a number of folders, many containing subfolders, under the same main heading, and the others are all still there. This happened I believe after an auto-archive, but I can't be sure because I hadn't had occasion to use that folder for a couple of weeks.

But what is strange is that when I do a search in the Outlook search window for a key-word that is in the Subject line or body of all the emails in that folder and its subfolders, these emails all show up, eg.,

"From field" "Subject field" "date and size fields" "My Kori Personal Folders" "Makaha Surfside B118"

Where My Kori Personal Folders is name of my main inbox folder, and Makaha Surfside B118 is one of the missing subfolders. It doesn't show the complete chain. This email is one of many that show up in this same subfolder, which in turn is under a subfolder "Makaha Surfside", which is under "Real Estate". When I click on this item the original email comes up, just as it would if it were in its proper place. But it's not there! Nor do any of the Makaha Surfside subfolders, yet all the other Real Estate folders and subfolders show up properly. Where is it?

I found answer at: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/444

It sounds like you accidentally move folder to somewhere else. Don’t worry try underwritten steps:

You have different ways to locate your folders i.e

• You can search ‘Nearby Folders’
  • View Full Folder list
  • Use option ‘Instant Search’ to search an item
  • Search item within Windows Search
  • VBA macro: Search folder by their Name

Follow these steps to find hidden folders manually

• Find out the folder name by searching for mail
  • Look for properties of folder
  • Select folders from the bottom of menu categorized under ‘GO’ menu
  • Select folders from the drop down menu
  • Click on OK button and Outlook will open the folder

I am also writing steps for Outlook2007. Above mentioned steps will not work for Outlook 2007 as u does not mention which version of Outlook you are using

• Search for "All Mail Items" from the known folder
  • Do right click and select "Find All" and proceed
  • Now select "Related Messages"
  • A pop up box will appear that shows”In: with browse button
  • Target that button and this will show all the folders and their hierarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
P Macro to attach a file in a shared Outlook draft folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2013 IMAP folder showing 0KB file size Using Outlook 10
R Body of email not visible in Outlook Data File Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
D File Lock issue when saving message from Outlook to new folder Using Outlook 1
W Copy individual file folders in Outlook 2010 PST to a My Documents folder Using Outlook 4
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S auto-mapping mailboxes in outlook impacting an ost file? Exchange Server Administration 2
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 opens with FILE tab selected. Using Outlook 3
R How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ? Using Outlook 3
J OUTLOOK 2016 FILE STORAGE WHERE COMMAND Using Outlook 12
R Sending emails via Outlook XP, from Windows 10 File Explorer Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 - use of old PST file - will all emails be downloaded or only latest?? Using Outlook 1
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3
S Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook Using Outlook 5
C out of space in file group Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
DAVID A moved the Outlook CST file - All subfolders lost Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky How to Compact the Data File When you Close Outlook Using Outlook 0
P Outlook Randomly Not attaching (attachment file) Using Outlook 0
Gunny NFOhiway Outlook PST file and Rules Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook VBA: Use a Text File to Populate a ListBox Using Outlook 0
chai1949 pst file in outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
R Macro to check file name with outlook address book Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Repair a Large Outlook Personal Folders File (over 2GB) Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 pst file Using Outlook 5
S Outlook data file cannot be accessed message Using Outlook 5
L outlook data file confusion Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Macro to Update Sharepoint Excel File Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Remove a password from an Outlook *.pst File Using Outlook 3
Q Editing an outlook. Template file (Otk) Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 how to convert 2013 OST file into an another format, i m using outlook 2013 versions. Using Outlook 1
O Missing guide "Move an Outlook Personal Folders .pst File" Using Outlook 4
RalphG101 No indication of attachment, when selecting file, send to outlook. Using Outlook 0
B How to recover deleted MS Outlook OST file? Using Outlook 4