InputBox for variable folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamerand

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I was able to locate a nice piece of code, can anyone help to modify it so that Set Folder = GetFolder("\\mymail@domain.com\Inbox\Training") I could place variable folder? For instance, I tried Set Folder = GetFolder.InputBox() but this function does not work in case! Please advise what can be done so that instead of constant folder I could go to variable folder.

Here is the code.

Function GetFolder(ByVal FolderPath As String) As Outlook.Folder
Dim TestFolder As Outlook.Folder
Dim FoldersArray As Variant
Dim i As Integer
On Error GoTo GetFolder_Error
If Left(FolderPath, 2) = "\\" Then
FolderPath = Right(FolderPath, Len(FolderPath) - 2)
End If
'Convert folderpath to array
FoldersArray = Split(FolderPath, "\")
Set TestFolder = Application.Session.Folders.Item(FoldersArray(0))
If Not TestFolder Is Nothing Then
For i = 1 To UBound(FoldersArray, 1)
Dim SubFolders As Outlook.Folders
Set SubFolders = TestFolder.Folders
Set TestFolder = SubFolders.Item(FoldersArray(i))
If TestFolder Is Nothing Then
Set GetFolder = Nothing
End If
Next
End If
'Return the TestFolder
Set GetFolder = TestFolder
Exit Function
GetFolder_Error:
Set GetFolder = Nothing
Exit Function
End Function

Sub TestGetFolder()
Dim Folder As Outlook.Folder
Set Folder = GetFolder("\\mymail@domain.com\Inbox\Training")
If Not (Folder Is Nothing) Then
Folder.Display
End If
End Sub

Yes, Diana, that is exactly what I need! How can I do that?

Dear Diana,

Thanks for the provided code, however, I think I misinterpreted on the requirement. See the included code and attached screenshot I took. When the code shoots off, MS Outlook activates Oracle subfolder, which is located under Inbox in my account. What I wish, instead of changing the destination folder in the line “\\mymail@domain.com\Inbox\Oracle”, a pop-up window, similar to InputBox pops up and I could put the full path of the email folder / subfolder, for instance, “\\mymail@domain.com\Sent\Invoices”. I hope this time I made it clear.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 501
Sub TestGetFolder()
Dim Folder As Outlook.Folder
Set Folder = GetFolder("\\mymail@domain.com\Inbox\Inbox\Oracle")
If Not (Folder Is Nothing) Then
Folder.Display
End If
End Sub

I forgot to add the code.

Dear Diana,

Thanks for the provided code, however, I think I misinterpreted on the requirement. See the included code and attached screenshot I took. When the code shoots off, MS Outlook activates Oracle subfolder, which is located under Inbox in my account. What I wish, instead of changing the destination folder in the line “\\mymail@domain.com\Inbox\Oracle”, a pop-up window, similar to InputBox pops up and I could put the full path of the email folder / subfolder, for instance, “\\mymail@domain.com\Sent\Invoices”. I hope this time I made it clear.
so you just want to type the path in?

use the inputbox to set a variable then use the variable in the path -
Set Folder = GetFolder(myFolder)

if you want the mailbox name to be preselected and just the path entered, you can do that to - use "\\mymail@domain.com\" & myFolder

if you want to make this macro work for anyone's default mailbox, you can get their default mailbox path - or if it's always under the inbox, get their default inbox and set it as a variable too - so you'd use myMailbox & myFolder in the path. See Working with VBA and non-default Outlook Folders for examples.

Dear Diana,

Thanks, that was indeed helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A How to assign the value returned by the regex execute function to a variable? Using Outlook 1
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Outlook Rules - How to use a variable in the subject condition Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Modifying Macro MoveAgedMail(2) - use categories & "to" as variable Using Outlook 12
A Outlook VBA - moving mail item to public folder using variable within path Using Outlook 6
E Outlook could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable Using Outlook 8
C Variable Attachments in CDO/OL2K7? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M VSTO C#: How do I declare an application scope variable? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Search Folders and Jump to Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to find or display the sub-folder name for an Archive Search Using Outlook 10
A Outlook 365 (OutLook For Mac)Move "On My Computer" Folder Items From Old To New Mac Computer Using Outlook 3
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
Victor_50 Outlook 2019 Jump to folder from search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Rupert Dragwater Duplicate email in Folder Using Outlook 7
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Search and Find Email by Folder Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Folder Pane Colour Categories Using Outlook 6
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
NVDon Create new Move To Folder list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0