Helping OL remember which calendars were selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

astro46

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Since this problem continues in Outlook 2016 (Getting Outlook to remember what calendars were selected when you last used Outlook and to reselect them at start-up). Is there some registry modification that will accomplish this?

I saw the thread about not using 'start in Calendar folder' or having calendar 'open in separate window'. And about using VBA script. I find vba script daunting.

I have discovered that if I open calendar in new window, check the calendars that i want open. then change that window to eg mail, before going to file>exit, the next time I open OL, two windows open, one on the mail view, which I then change back to calendar, and all the checked calendars are still checked. apparently OL stores the info somewhere, and can access it when restarting. trick will be keeping if from deleting the choices when closing.

It should remember the calendar(s) that is/are checked. iCloud addin can mess it up as icloud calendar will always be selected (caused by the app) - there might be other addins or programs that also cause changes but i'm not aware of any.

I am surprised. Seems there was another thread about this topic a while back (which I can't find ), and I see other people posting about it, with no solutions, at other sites.

I have tried saving 'current view as a new view', saving as a calendar group. the only thing that works is changing the window to something other than calendar before closing, then changing it back after opening. (I have two windows open, mail and calendar. use file>exit to close, so that when restarting both windows open again)

what do i have to do to get outlook to remember all the open calendars when starting with a calendar window?

I'm sure there are other threads saying it doesn't work but something is preventing it from working as designed. The first versions that supported side-by-side did not remember the selected calendars - this was fixed in 2007/2010 time frame. (I think in 2010 and in a 2007 update but it's so long ago that i forget exactly).

If you want to start in the calendar, you'll need to use a macro. Select Specific Calendar When Outlook Starts

I have tried saving 'current view as a new view', saving as a calendar group.
The view only saves the view on the folder, not the folders that are selected/opened in the view. Calendar group just creates shortcuts to a group of calendar so you can check one box to show the entire group.

I am understanding you to say that if clicking on the Outlook taskbar icon opens two windows: email and calendar, then multiple calendars won't be remembered. Correct? This also is what I read the problem to be in other threads. (Which led me to ask if there isn't a registry adjustment that will maintain the starting calendar selection, rather then let Outlook reset to default)

If you want to start in the calendar, you'll need to use a macro. Select Specific Calendar When Outlook Starts

If i use the the macro, does it work automatically when Outlook starts, or I would have to click a taskbar button to activate the macro?

that macro is an automatic macro:
Private Sub Application_Startup()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
GemmaFleming I adore helping in all things to my friends Using Outlook 0
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
gproston Why doesn't Outlook remember indexing? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2010 wont remember Exchange Credentials on log off /shutdown of Win7 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
B Sharing Outlook calendars gone wrong Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
D Sharing outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Sharing calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Sync Calendars using WiFI Using Outlook 3
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
L Calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky New in Office 365 and Outlook.com: Interesting Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars Using Outlook 0
Jeanne Goodman Create Printout from Multiple Shared Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Diane Poremsky Publishing Calendars on the Internet or an Intranet Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Printing Calendars with Color Categories Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook.com Calendars Using Outlook 0
C Merge two archive calendars Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Appointments Created in iCloud Calendars Cover Contacts Field...Why? Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Time span on WebDAV published Calendars does not appear to be working Using Outlook 7
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Print Monthly or Work Week Calendars Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky No drop down calendars in Outlook 2010 Print Options Using Outlook 0
H Other peoples calendars going on the left Using Outlook 1
J Printing Mulitple Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Print Monthly or Work Week Calendars Using Outlook 0
M Un-needed Calendars Using Outlook 1
R Automating from excel into shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
M Not All Outlook.com Calendars Showing in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 18
T populating multiple calendars without invites Using Outlook 1