add a designed group into a existing inspector ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khoick245

hi all. how to add a new group into Message ribbon of mail.compose

inspector? what should i do? I use c# and outlook 2007. thank all

khoick245
 
You need to add the new group using ribbon XML that's submitted when the

GetCustomUI() callback is fired. You also will need to handle the callbacks

for your ribbon controls.

If you know nothing about this you need to go to the MSDN Office Developer

Web site and download sample applications for either shared or VSTO addins,

whichever you are using, and see how to proceed with your code and XML.

You should also download the XML schemas for the ribbons in Office 2007 from

the same Web site.

"khoick245" <khoick245@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:khoick245.5fcbd26@outlookbanter.com...

> hi all. how to add a new group into Message ribbon of mail.compose
> inspector? what should i do? I use c# and outlook 2007. thank all

> > khoick245
 
' - [MVP - Outlook Wrote:
> ;345953']You need to add the new group using ribbon XML that's submitted
> when the
> GetCustomUI() callback is fired. You also will need to handle the
> callbacks
> for your ribbon controls.

> If you know nothing about this you need to go to the MSDN Office
> Developer
> Web site and download sample applications for either shared or VSTO
> addins,
> whichever you are using, and see how to proceed with your code and
> XML.

> You should also download the XML schemas for the ribbons in Office 2007
> from
> the same Web site.

> >

>

> "khoick245" khoick245@yahoo.com wrote in message
> news:khoick245.5fcbd26@outlookbanter.com...-

> hi all. how to add a new group into Message ribbon of mail.compose
> inspector? what should i do? I use c# and outlook 2007. thank all

> > khoick245 -


hi Ken. thanks for your help. i think i did it. now i want to add new

group into tab Message of mail.compose ribbon. what should i do???

khoick245
 
The rule is you can create a new group in an existing tab, or create a new

tab, but you can't modify existing groups in an existing tab. So you can do

what you want.

Look at this XML snippet:

<ribbon
<tabs
<tab idMso="TabInsert"
<group id="myCustomGroup" insertAfterMso="GroupInclude"

getLabel="Ribbon_getLabel" getVisible="Ribbon_getVisible"
That's the type of XML you have to supply, in this case the XML was for a

new group in the Insert tab.

"khoick245" <khoick245@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:khoick245.6015a65@outlookbanter.com...

<snip>
> hi Ken. thanks for your help. i think i did it. now i want to add new
> group into tab Message of mail.compose ribbon. what should i do???

> > khoick245
 
' - [MVP - Outlook Wrote:
> ;346084']The rule is you can create a new group in an existing tab, or
> create a new
> tab, but you can't modify existing groups in an existing tab. So you
> can do
> what you want.

> Look at this XML snippet:

> ribbon
> tabs
> tab idMso="TabInsert"
> group id="myCustomGroup" insertAfterMso="GroupInclude"
> getLabel="Ribbon_getLabel" getVisible="Ribbon_getVisible"

> That's the type of XML you have to supply, in this case the XML was for
> a
> new group in the Insert tab.

> >

>

> "khoick245" khoick245@yahoo.com wrote in message
> news:khoick245.6015a65@outlookbanter.com...
> snip-
> hi Ken. thanks for your help. i think i did it. now i want to add new
> group into tab Message of mail.compose ribbon. what should i do???

> > khoick245 -


hi Ken. i have some new problems. i added group into existing tab. On

this group, i created a gallery which has its xml structure:

<gallery id="glrSymbolic" screentip="Select Symbolic" label="Select

Symbolic" showImage="false"
<item id="__id1" label="%LastName%" /
<item id="__id2" label="%FirstName%" /
<item id="__id3" label="%UserName%" /
<item id="__id4" label="%Email%" /
</gallery
I want whenever i choice a item from gallery, the label will be

inserted into position of pointer in current mail compose( assume that

i'm composing email at that time ). Can you give me some suggestions?

thank you !

khoick245
 
Sorry, I've never worked with gallery controls in a ribbon, I can't help

with that. If it were me I'd do some googling on that to find samples I

could review.

"khoick245" <khoick245@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:khoick245.604fa83@outlookbanter.com...

<snip>
> hi Ken. i have some new problems. i added group into existing tab. On
> this group, i created a gallery which has its xml structure:
> <gallery id="glrSymbolic" screentip="Select Symbolic" label="Select
> Symbolic" showImage="false"
> <item id="__id1" label="%LastName%" /
> <item id="__id2" label="%FirstName%" /
> <item id="__id3" label="%UserName%" /
> <item id="__id4" label="%Email%" /
> </gallery
> I want whenever i choice a item from gallery, the label will be
> inserted into position of pointer in current mail compose( assume that
> i'm composing email at that time ). Can you give me some suggestions?
> thank you !

> > khoick245
 
' - [MVP - Outlook Wrote:
> ;346327']Sorry, I've never worked with gallery controls in a ribbon, I
> can't help
> with that. If it were me I'd do some googling on that to find samples I

> could review.

> >

>

> "khoick245" khoick245@yahoo.com wrote in message
> news:khoick245.604fa83@outlookbanter.com...
> snip-
> hi Ken. i have some new problems. i added group into existing tab. On
> this group, i created a gallery which has its xml structu
> gallery id="glrSymbolic" screentip="Select Symbolic" label="Select
> Symbolic" showImage="false"
> item id="__id1" label="%LastName%" /
> item id="__id2" label="%FirstName%" /
> item id="__id3" label="%UserName%" /
> item id="__id4" label="%Email%" /
> /gallery
> I want whenever i choice a item from gallery, the label will be
> inserted into position of pointer in current mail compose( assume
> that
> i'm composing email at that time ). Can you give me some suggestions?
> thank you !

> > khoick245 -


hi ken ! i'm sorry to trouble you but i tried my best i hadn't solved

my problem yet. i want to insert a text into current position of cursor

when i compose mail. although i found many sources by google, i could

not figure out what should i do. can you give me some suggestion or

related code? i use C# 2008 and Outlook 2007. thank you so much

khoick245
 
I told you I've never worked with gallery controls, so I have no information

or insights in working with them at all.

As far as inserting text unless you are using Redemption you more or less

would have to get the HTMLBody and cast it as an IHTMLDocument object and

then use HTML code to work with the document. At that point it's all HTML

coding that would be covered in an HTML group.

"khoick245" <khoick245@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:khoick245.60a94e1@outlookbanter.com...

<snip>
> hi ken ! i'm sorry to trouble you but i tried my best i hadn't solved
> my problem yet. i want to insert a text into current position of cursor
> when i compose mail. although i found many sources by google, i could
> not figure out what should i do. can you give me some suggestion or
> related code? i use C# 2008 and Outlook 2007. thank you so much

> > khoick245
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
L isn't there an OL add-on that flags addressee before sending Using Outlook 3
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
M Automatically add senders first name to a greeting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1
M Ignore slow add-ins Using Outlook 0
B Add Prefix text to Subject Line Using Outlook 1

Similar threads

Back
Top