Outlook inbox is "always in front". How to stop that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LLC

Sometimes when I open Outlook it opens with the Inbox and Task list and

folders windows (as I want it to) but, even when I click on a message to open

it, the Outlook window stays on top and I have to minimize it in order to

read the message. How can I set it so the messages open in a window in front

of the inbox?

TFM

Hi,

I don't know the answer to this.

But you will probably do better posting your question in the General Outlook

forum, this one is for Business Contact Manger queries.

Cheers

"LLC" wrote:

> Sometimes when I open Outlook it opens with the Inbox and Task list and
> folders windows (as I want it to) but, even when I click on a message to open
> it, the Outlook window stays on top and I have to minimize it in order to
> read the message. How can I set it so the messages open in a window in front
> of the inbox?
> > TFM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
P Two main Outlook gripes: Voting buttons not working externally nor Focused Inbox Using Outlook 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2016 Inbox search bug Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
M Ensure the same inbox view across multiple outlook instances Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Yasemin Nielsen Combined inbox outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
M Is there any easy way to quickly search for the name of a folder in Outlook's inbox folder structure Exchange Server Administration 1
L A realtime Outlook user inbox count Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2007 IMAP "Inbox" not receiving new emails. Using Outlook 2
R I have imported a .pst file into my outlook and I cannot locate it. It seems to be in my main Inbox Using Outlook 1
T Using Outlook 2007 with Comcast (.pst inbox issue) Using Outlook 1
R IMAP & Outlook 2007: incoming messages still going to old Inbox. Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2013: How did "Inbox" emails jump straight to the "Recover Deleted Items" Folder? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 10 Inbox not updating Using Outlook 3
Aalishaan Outlook 2010 Updating Inbox starts again Using Outlook 0
L Sort bar at top of inbox preview outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
C emails disapear from outlook 2010 inbox Exchange Server Administration 1
V Duplicate and triplicate messages in Inbox Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 20
Sarge USMC Outlook 13 inbox not showing emails Using Outlook 2
J Seach Outlook Inbox From Excel Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook keeps redownloading inbox 3.99gb Using Outlook 4
L Weird Inbox problems Outlook 2010/13 and Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
W Outlook 2010 has many inbox folders Using Outlook 5
M Outlook Today. How to rename IMAP inbox accounts to something else than inbox? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010: Conversations view - most recent activity posts to of inbox? Using Outlook 2
Hudas Import Outlook Emails(Inbox) to MS Access as Attachment Using Outlook 1
T Outlook INBOX emails gone back 2-3 weeks after Exchange Server 2010 Restart Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2013 not syncing imap unless the "Inbox" folder is clicked on.. Using Outlook 2
A In Outlook 2007, need to see the replied/responded date in Inbox view Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2013 IMAP account is deleting e-mails from my inbox - help!!! Using Outlook 3
E Automatically move to other Folder from Inbox when mail comes - MS Outlook Using Outlook 1
D Android/desktop App for sending to Outlook inbox? Using Outlook 1
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 not automatically receiving emails into the inbox Using Outlook 3
S Starting outlook in imap Inbox Using Outlook 7
D Copying POP3 folders from Inbox to IMAP Inbox in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 0
Z Need Help Outlook 2007 inbox and address book view Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Archiving sent emails which have been moved to inbox folders Using Outlook 1
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
J Outlook 2003/2007 IMAP emails dont show in inbox Using Outlook 0