Status
Not open for further replies.

woof

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi

In using Outlook 2010 with one IMAP account. Everything works perfect exept one thing. Suddenly i see maybe 40 inbox folders. Starting named inbox, inbox0, inbox01, inbox001 and so on.

Outlook dont let me delete any of this folders.

Has enybody a idee what can cause this be behavior. Thanks for all help.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are they synced back to the server? Which folder is Outlook delivering email to? (I'm guessing the newest Inbox, which is likely the one with the highest number)

Make sure the additional folders are empty then close Outlook. Log in to web mail and delete the extra folders. When you are ready to restart Outlook either use the /resetfolders switch or delete the IMAP data file (type or paste %localappdata%\Microsoft\outlook in the address bar of windows explorer then press enter to open the folder where the data file is) so Outlook creates a new one.

woof

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I was able delete all the inbox folders in webaccess, but they still showing up Outlook. I also created a new pst file. I'am helpless.

Everythin look ok with webaccess.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You had outlook create a new data file and the extra inbox folders synced down? Try deleting them again from outlook.

woof

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Finally i get rid of it. I had to right click on the top of the IMAP inbox folder. Choose the IMAP-Folder, under subscribed i saw all the folders. I marked all of them and choose unsubscribe. Then all folders are gone. Dont ask me why that happend. I'am so happy! Thank you very much.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks for the update. I noticed in a test a couple of weeks ago that outlook seemed to remember the subscribed folders, even though they were deleted. I thought it was "user error" but you've confirmed otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.