Outlook.

Outlook throws warnings and errors that cannot be disabled and that require

user intervention. The Outlook object model is also not at all supported for

use in a service or how you intend to use it. Use server side CDO, or

Extended MAPI or a server side access such as EWS to talk to the server. Or

you can use a 3rd party library such as Redemption

(www.dimastr.com/redemption).

If you insist on doing what you're doing it's unsupported and no one

including MS support will be able to help you.

"mdlister" <mdlister.614cc7e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

news:mdlister.614cc7e@outlookbanter.com...

> Afternoon,

> i am looking at setting outlook up to run as a scheduled task on a
> server that has an application that uses some of the API's to check the
> public folders for some information. Running the application it opens
> outlook does what it needs and closes.

> Running the application as me in the scheduled task and in the
> processes that are running i can see an outlook session and the
> application running but it doesn't seem to work like it does when you
> double click it.

> I think its because outlook doesn't know who to open as even tho the
> exe runs as me the outlook process runs as me i dont think it does and
> thats whats causing the issues, is there a way to fix this with either
> a outlook switch or registry setting?

> > mdlister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Scheduled Task Fails running Code to send Outlook Mail from Excel. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky OUTLOOK.EXE continues running after you exit Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Running Outlook Macros on a Schedule New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B ActiveExplorer return NULL on new Window user login and running Outlook first time Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2007 To-Do-List status keeps running Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Macro keeps running for the same messagage Using Outlook 2
V Running scripts with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 17
M Outlook.exe 1.2Gb memory usage if running certain BCM reports BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
L remove a hotmail account from Outlook 2007 running on Vista home premium Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 Running on Windows 7 hangs on send Using Outlook 7
P I have Outlook 2007 on a two year old computer running Vista. How do I copy my Outlook Contacts list and move them over to Outlook 2010 on a brand new Using Outlook 1
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
G Running multiple sessions of Outlook Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 CAN'T Connect to 2 Different Exchange Servers running Exchange 2010?!?!?!?!?!?! Using Outlook 5
C Help! Running Outlook 2010....merged mail from old laptop to new and now I have three separate sections. Using Outlook 1
G With my PC, running on operating system Vista SP2, I cannot synchronise Microsoft Notes (Outlook 2003 SP3) with my iphone 3GS Using Outlook 3
M I am running outlook 2007 on a hosted exchange server. When I try to send an email and click the To: box there are two contact options - how do I get Using Outlook 1
M Transfer Outlook 2007 PST file to new computer running Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
U Outlook 2007 no longer syncing calendar with iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.2.1 via iTunes 10.1.0.54 USB. Using Outlook 6
K Does anyone know how to turn off auto capitalization in Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7? Using Outlook 6
T Problem with Outlook 2007 (running Vista) There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Er Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 close but Outlook.exe still running Using Outlook 1
E Re: LDAP search is very slow with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2k3 back end running VERY VERY slow... Using Outlook 1
E LDAP search is very slow with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
I Running two or more email profiles concurrently in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
N Importing Contacts file to Outlook 2003 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 5
T Microsoft Outlook 2010 Error "Another version of Outlook is currently running." when clicking on a m Using Outlook 1
E LDAP search is very slow with Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Using Outlook 5
J I'm not seeing all of my the emails, on my new Windows 7 machine running Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2007 running extremely slowly Using Outlook 1
Y APPCRASH 10.0.2627.1 OUTLOOK 2002 ( OFFICE XP ) RUNNING ON WINDOWS 7 PROF 64 BIT Using Outlook 0
T Unable to open outlook a second time unless I reboot computer. Running XP and microsoft 2007 Using Outlook 6
D When running MS Outlook 2007 Hyperlinks blocked in emails Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 will not start, when icon clicked. Running Windows XP Pro. Using Outlook 2
S Trouble exporting my Outlook 2003 Contacts file to another computer running Win XP Pro SP3 Using Outlook 3
S Outlook isn't running, I can't get active sync to connect with my cell to transfer my information Using Outlook 2
B Using Outlook 2007 (and 2003) running on Windows XP with Google Apps IMAP accounts getting "An unkno Using Outlook 1
M I can't configure my MS Office Outlook 2007 to receive msn.com emails from my MSN ISP. I am running VISTA Using Outlook 3
J Changing default Outlook calendar, contacts, when running both .pst and .ost Using Outlook 1
J Running Office 2007 on Windows 7 Proffessional and have trouble with Outlook search engine Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2007 is non-responsive; sql.servr.exe is consistantly running when this occurs, using approximately 50% of the CPU. Using Outlook 1
R Office 2007 Outlook running on Vista, Recovered Folder Using Outlook 1
J I open my Windows 7 outlook. I just get a message saying it cannot open. I have had it running for 5 months already and do not know how to access E- Using Outlook 1
T Messages getting stuck in Outbox in Outlook 2007 running under Windows 7 64-bit. Using Outlook 5
S Cannot get Outlook Connector V14 to work with Outlook 2007 running under Vista Using Outlook 7
D Outlook 2007 running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit is freezing (AppHangB1) Using Outlook 5
S ActiveExplorer return NULL on new Window user login and running Outlook first time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19