Calender Permissionis "Other" section settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin.huff

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
What does this ‘Folder Visible’ setting mean/do, vs Folder Contact or Folder Owner?

rgfeller.png

anybody??

It means the folder is visible in the folder list - it's required if you share a subfolder (otherwise how will they see the subfolder if the folder its in is not visible?)

Read permissions controls whether they can see anything inside the folder and write controls if they can add items to the folder. It's required on all folders in the path (including the mailbox root) if you share a subfolder - but contentls of the folders will be hidden if that is the only permission given.

For example, if i have visible permission to your folder but none for read and nothing set for write, i can see it but i get an error if i try to open it. I can't save things to it. If you want to share a calendar subfolder with me permissions will look like this:

Mailbox root (Outlook Today) - Visible permission. None for read, nothing for Write.

- Calendar - Visible permission. None for read, nothing for Write

-- Shared subfolder - visible permission, read permission.

When i expand the folders, i only see the folder names, not the contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
A How to use calender printing? Using Outlook 1
T Calender and contacts in trash Using Outlook 1
L Calender reminder emails Using Outlook 3
B Importing Text from Excel to Outlook 2013 Calender Using Outlook 0
B Import Excel Text into Outlook Calender Using Outlook 4
vipin Calender Exchange Server Administration 1
M Is Outlook Connecter Mandatory to Sync Contacts/Calender? Using Outlook 3
Edaniels Adding Week Number on Calender Using Outlook 2
D Add tasks to reminders and calender? Using Outlook 1
J Calender notifications from a shared generic mailbox. Using Outlook 1
O Calender first day Sunday won't stay Using Outlook 3
J how to choose which item alone go to pst ? OR how to auto sync/copy calender Using Outlook 1
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
D Calender issue Using Outlook 2
M Custom Contact form queries (date control & contact/calender linking) Using Outlook 1
P Calender in Outlook 2007 wont open Using Outlook 4
A Outlook - Shared Calender Using Outlook 1
S Calender reminders question Using Outlook 13
S Couple of questions related to calender Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Daily Calender need high detail Using Outlook 2
S How to automate showing the Public Folder Calender to Mail Favorite folder Using Outlook 0
A Two strange calender problems in Outlook 2003 ... Using Outlook 2
J Limiting time range dislayed on calender - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Synchronization Error of contacts and calender using Outlook connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
A Is there a calender preference for Julian Dates in outlook? Using Outlook 4
V Is there no way to obtain sender's emailid from outlook calender d Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
L List of Calender Fields for VBA (Outlook 2007) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V turn off shared calender reminders/leaving personal calender remin Using Outlook 7
V MSN Calender Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Customize Comments / Notes Section time stamp on Contact Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Unable to search Note section in Contacts in icloud Using Outlook 7
L Outlook Contacts 2010 problem with Notes section configuration Using Outlook 22
R How do I expand all distribution lists in the To: section? Using Outlook 4
L cant view the history section in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Q More than one Notes section in custom contact forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1