Can't fix my primary email account!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pCore

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Ok, using outlook 2010 the primary mail account is an sbcglobal.net account, and it started saying working offline randomly so I unclicked the button under send/receive. Then it would still give me send/receive error messages at the bottom. So I added my gmail account to see if that would work and it did. So I removed the gmail account and attempted to remove the primary sbcglobal account so that I could attempt to just re add it. It appeared to remove it successfully but still showed the account on the sidebar of the home screen. I can't seem to remove it fully, yet there are no accounts listed under account settings. When i try to add the account again, it goes through the process of establishing network connection (successful), search for ...@sbcglobal.net server settings (successful), then log on to server and send a test e-mail message (unsuccessful), at this point is asks again for the user name and password for the following server: pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com. I enter the exact password that works when directly accessing the web page for yahoo mail but it still doesn't work and asks me to retry. Again, the gmail account would add and send mail with no problems using the exact same steps. Any suggestions here?? Did I screw something up somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help!

On the sidebar issue: when you remove a pop3 account from your profile, you remove the account but nt its data file - what you see is the data file.

Can you receive mail on the sbc account? Are you using the correct servers? I know or outgoing yahoo mail, you need to use port 587 or 465 and SSL and authenticate with the outgoing server - the outgoing server name is probably smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com. (More Settings button after adding the account).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H How to Fix 1510-370-1986 Garmin GPS Not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to fix outlook continuing to prompt fo an Exchange password Using Outlook 0
K HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL ISSUES? Using Outlook 0
M Recent Update Did not Fix Search Problems Using Outlook 7
N May 2017 Fix Didn't Fix? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
Micheal Ivan How to fix it ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Jeff Davis Help fix my Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 28
J How to Fix “Encounter a large number of conflict items in Exchange OST file” Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 Fix Phone Number Using Outlook 19
Diane Poremsky Fix the Outlook Folder Type after Exporting an IMAP Account Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2007 Calendar Ribbon has changed and I can't fix it Using Outlook 10
M Outlook hidden even when open (maximising doesn't fix it) Using Outlook 2
mrje1 Assigned Categories keep getting deleted in mail, bug? How to fix if possible? Using Outlook 5
B Problem with fix for "Too Many Contact Folders" Using Outlook 3
M Deleted Meeting but didnt send notice to attendees, how to fix?? Using Outlook 1
G fix client/server conversation error message Exchange Server Administration 1
D Email Reminders show up only when in Outlook with Windows 7 - way to fix? Using Outlook 1
P Was Helvetica crashing Outlook, now fix has messed up explorer Using Outlook 4
P fix for Helvetica crasing Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 5
J Wasn't broke, went to fix it, now it's broke! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
C Fix for Outlook Outbox Error Message Using Outlook 1
M Please can someone fix my Outlook Connector sync issue! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
D outlook.exe application error - breakpoint has been reached. fix? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R RE: Any Fix For Font & Spacing Issues in Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 2
P MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007 FREEZING UP HOW DO I FIX ? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
G Auto accept meeting request for non primary account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky How to remove the primary account from Outlook 2010/2013 Using Outlook 0
JorgeDario ¿What property of mailitem can be used like primary key? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Outlook 2012 Calendar Changing Secondary Calendar to Primary Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Attempting to delete Exchange account in Office 2010 gives "primary account cannot be deleted" Using Outlook 8
G 'primary' filegroup is full BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Primary file group is full error message BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
W Primary Contacts and importing BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1