Not open for further replies.

Mark Wilson

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Diane:

I hope you respond to this...

I followed your posting on how to get Outlook to show the Reply type and time. I can get my Outlook to show the Reply type fine (converting a 102 type to Replied to), but when I drag up the field for Last Verb Execution Time it always shows None.

I have the Field Type as "Date/Time" and have selected a Date/Time format.

What am I doing wrong???

Any help would be greatly appreciated...this will be very cool when I get it working!

Thanks!

Do you have a time in the field if you reply or forward to a new message now?

If the message was replied to in a different client, imported or it's an IMAP account, you may not have the last verb time property. There may be a few other things that affect the last time field, those are just the ones I've experienced.

Diane:

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Duh, maybe it returns None because there is no data. I was just assuming that all my replies are somehow date stamped with time and date...it shows up with this in my sent folder.

Is there somewhere I can check the Outlook setting to see if this is "turn on" as it were?

Thanks again!

Mark

Well, normally you should have a value there if you used outlook... but the sent item has no bearing on this property. If you open the message and see a 'you replied to at xxx time ' in the infobar, the last verb time will show in the column - since the infobar uses the same field.

Are these new/fairly new messages that outlook downloaded and you replied to in this outlook? IMAP and possibly Outlook Connector accounts may not always show the date, but other accounts should work correctly. If you imported them the time could be missing.

Diane:

Thanks for all your help on this. Let's cover the basics...I'm on Outlook, stand alone, not Exchange.

When I reply to an email all that is indicated (on the original message I received) is a very small little blue icon with an "i" inside and the message:

This message has been replied to or forwarded.

How do I get a message that says, in effect: You replied to this message on [date/time]?

Thanks.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 4
R Clip art search alway no result found in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D href tags does not result in the full url with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Initiate VBA as a result of inbound e-mail? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to know if a Form.Close Event is the result of canceling Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
O Adding a new account - "CompanyL (none)" line is added Using Outlook 5
T One Contact list, two sections of company (none) Using Outlook 2
A Grouping emails using "From" causes a None Category Using Outlook 5
A iCloud add-on for Outlook: Reminder for new appointment is set to 'None' by default. How to change? Using Outlook 6
M Room Reservation request showed "None" in Tracking-View Tracking Status. Exchange Server Administration 0
F Change default value of date/time type from "None" to Blank Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 will not send messages due to Date: None Using Outlook 1
A Received Date None after reading Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2010 Saved Drafts Time & Date "NONE" - Ideas? Using Outlook 5
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6