E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks

Post number 4 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Any e-mails I send using an Outlook group box are resulting in kickback "undeliverable" error messages from all 70 members of said Outlook group box. I use Gmail via POP/SMTP in Outlook 365. This problem has recently come back to haunt me after several months of working properly. Before that, I also had the same problem for a number of months.

Does it say why its undeliverable?

when you say group box, do you mean the (newish) office groups or a distribution/contact list?

Hi Diane,

I mean the distribution/contact list. Below is an example of one of the 70 kickback e-mails I received and why they were undeliverable.

Message blocked
Your message to . . . . . . . . . . . has been blocked. See technical details below for more information
LEARN MORE
The response was:
Message rejected. See Fix bounced or rejected emails - Gmail Help for more information.

Well, that is an informative error message. NOT.

I'm pretty sure it's recipient count that is kicking it back. If you send a message to fewer people - maybe 5 or 10 - does it bounce?

Well, that is an informative error message. NOT.

I'm pretty sure it's recipient count that is kicking it back. If you send a message to fewer people - maybe 5 or 10 - does it bounce?
I guess you can thank Google for that informative error message. I don't know what the breakoff number would be, but, yes, an e-mail sent to a much smaller number of recipients will go through. I've been sending e-mails to this group since 1995, mostly via Outlook, and have only started having problems with it roughly eight months ago and just now. The number of recipients has changed over the years, but I doubt it's ever been any lower than 50. I've been using Outlook in conjunction with Gmail for eight or nine years now.

Right now, I'm using a workaround. Instead of having the sender indicated as my Gmail address, I'm using my Hotmail account. I then enter my Gmail address as the recipient in the form of "Undisclosed Recipients" and then I bcc the people in the group box. I would very much prefer to use Gmail instead of Hotmail as the originating e-mail address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
I How to receive mails on behalf of when sent to group mail? Using Outlook 2
P move mails after send to central mailbox-sent items folder Using Outlook 4
T sent mails in outlook 2010 not coming in the yahoo mail Using Outlook 1
B Office 2013: Crash when the E-Mails are sent Using Outlook 3
T Autorespond only to e-mails sent from certain domains: Using Outlook 2
W Save all incomming and sent mails to folder on PC as .msg files Using Outlook 6
D Setting the Reminder flag in VBA for e-Mails sent to users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Forward mails with "FW:" or "RE:" in title Using Outlook 2
sjmo2 Change subject for new e-mails only. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2007 Recovering E-Mails Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S E-mails marked as read turn back to unread after a couple of seconds Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 How could I globally redesign an outlook template form/region/inspector template used to display mail lists or an individual mails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Search for incoming e-mails for a specified time range Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2016 Junk E-Mails Using Outlook 5
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
O Having rules run on old mails noved to inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
F Move mails from Deleted Items folder back to its original folder where the mails got deleted Using Outlook 0
Thiago Manzano Copying E-mails to a folder on HD Using Outlook 1
A Processing Incoming E-mails with Macros Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2013 Problems sending large mails Using Outlook 4
P Send mails by Gmail not shown in outlook Using Outlook 5
E How to find or recover Lost e-mails within a folder under Inbox? Using Outlook 2
Karsten V invites from outside company arrives as regular mails Using Outlook 2
A Encrypting mails depending from the address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Yusufbodrum Highlighting selected mails in any folder Using Outlook 2
C Linking e-mails BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Mails getting downloaded multiple times Using Outlook 1
K Macro doesn't recognize local mails from colleagues Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Delete e-mails from server Using Outlook 2
W URGENT Cancel and remove imported pop3 mails Using Outlook 6
T Cannot get pop3 mails to my Android and Outlook Exchange Server Administration 1
A 1 folder to see all new mails Using Outlook 1
Z OL2007 - is there a way to disable the "feature" that cripples mails that are in the "junk" folder? Using Outlook 37
A Contacts missing in imported mails Using Outlook 1
L Selected Contacts For E-Mails Using Outlook 19
L Move E-Mails to Another Folder Using Outlook 66
J Change Subject of 500 mails sitting in Outbox with Macro Using Outlook 6
H Duplicate E-mails and Wetransfer Using Outlook 4