One Contact list, two sections of company (none)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a club members list which for some reason I cannot fathom is split into two sections, one with 35 members and another with 14 members. Both sections show as Company (None). I have tried to find any difference in the contact cards but they all seem the same.

Guess I have missed the obvious but would appreciated if someone would help me sort it into one list!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
That's common - they were most likely created in two different Outlook versions. See the instructions here - Contacts are Grouping in Two Groups of (none)
Those steps should still work in Outlook 2010 - dragging isn't working here in Outlook 2016, but editing the company field (space, then backspace) is working. I have a bulk change contacts macro that should work for this, if you have a lot and dragging doesn't work.

Never mind... it is working. Would help if i read my own instructions. :) You need to move them first to a 'new' company, then back to the (correct) none group. You cant just drag between the two none groups, which is what i tried to do.

Trapper

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thank you for your link. I now have one Company (None) list with all members and have deleted the now empty Company (None) list.

Status
Not open for further replies.