How do I access a contact list subfolder in Outlook 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkcger

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
In trying to combine two contact lists, I moved one list to another and unintentionally created a subfolder. I now cannot find a way to access the subfolder or the contact list contains. I was on the People page at the time and right-clicked on the list I wanted to move, clicked move, and then clicked the list I wanted to move it to. How do I get back to the contact list in the subfolder as it doesn't show up anywhere?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Go to the Folder list - you can press Ctrl+6 to jump to it - then look for the missing folder. It's probably a subfolder of one of your current contact folders. Open it, select all and move or drag the contacts to the desired folder.

mkcger

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Go to the Folder list - you can press Ctrl+6 to jump to it - then look for the missing folder. It's probably a subfolder of one of your current contact folders. Open it, select all and move or drag the contacts to the desired folder.
Thank you! I found it! The only problem is that when I open it, it opens as a mail view instead of a contacts view. contacts.jpg How do I change it back?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Check and change the view on the folder - look on View tab, Change views.

mkcger

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Check and change the view on the folder - look on View tab, Change views.
That did not work as it still opens in the "mail" section with the mail menu at the top. According to the folder properties, the file type somehow got changed to "folder containing mail and post items". Is there a way to change the file type back to contacts?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can try closing outlook and restart it using the /resetfolders switch. I'm not sure it will work but it won't hurt anything and is safe to use.

Open outlook with the /resetfolders switch:

Close Outlook. Press Windows key + R, type

outlook.exe /resetfolders

Then press Enter (or OK button) to restart Outlook.

Note: Make sure there is a space between the words.

Status
Not open for further replies.