Lost Access to Custom Form

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Hello all. We are in the middle of a hybrid migration to Office 365 with approximately 50% of our mailboxes on O365. Years ago I created a custom form for one of our public folders that is now only available to those mailboxes that are still on the local exchange 2013 server. I don't know why it is that way but being able to export the form from someone who is using it then importing it back to my account to re-publish may resolve the issue.

Any advice is appreciated or let me know if clarification is needed.

Thanks!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
On a computer where the form is still available, go to File > Options > Advanced > Custom forms. I'm guessing the form is in org forms but it could be stored in the public folder - neither would be migrated. Find it and on the right side, select it and choose Save as. Save it as an FDM file. Repeat the steps to install, choosing Install of course. :)

2020-02-25_13-32-03-0000.png

If you cannot find it, you can open a new item using the form and save it as a template - but its generally better to save as an fdm file.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Hi Diane. Thank you! I'll report back once I've followed your advice.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
The form exported without issue and once I added myself bask as a folder owner I changed the form used to post new items from the default Outlook contact form to my form it worked beautifully. All that is left is to recreate the view using fields from the updated form.

Thank you

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's probably just as fast to recreate the view from scratch, but there are ways to moving it - either export / import using MFCMAPI or copy the view to a folder in a pst as 'this folder only' then move the pst and copy the view to the PF. But... it might be just as fast to just redo it. :)