Status
Not open for further replies.

markymark

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

I'm using Outlook 2010 and need to do the following.

I receive email from someone with certain words in subject and I need to forward it to someone else and defer sending it it by 30/45 days.

Is this possible? I know there is options for defering delivery up to 120 minutes or delay delivery when doing it manually but need a rule to this automatically.

Thanks

Start with this script:

Run a Script Rule: Change Subject then Forward Message

and use something like this to the deferral - where 45 is the # of days you want to defer it.

SendAt = DateSerial(Year(Now), Month(Now), Day(Now)) + 45
myForward.DeferredDeliveryTime = SendAt

decimals. now + .25 = 6 hours from now.
For 20 minutes, use
sendat = Now() + 0.01388

This calculates the date and adds 45 days - the message sends at midnight.
DateSerial(Year(Now), Month(Now), Day(Now)) + 45

BTW, if you want to delay mail up to 120 minutes, you can use a rule to defer delivery. In rules wizard choose 'apply on messages i send' and use the defer delivery action. To hold more than 2 hours you need to set the defer delivery field either manually or using a macro.

BTW, if you want to delay mail up to 120 minutes, you can use a rule to defer delivery. In rules wizard choose 'apply on messages i send' and use the defer delivery action. To hold more than 2 hours you need to set the defer delivery field either manually or using a macro.

Hi
I knew about the outlook rule to defer but it doesn't do exactly what I want, thanks for your advice and i'll give the 'minutes' code a try

cheers

Barry

Hi Diane

I have tried this for forwarding with a delay of 20 minutes, the subject changes but I don't receive the forwarded mail, have I missed something or got code in the wrong order? as you can probably tell I'm new to this -

Sub ChangeSubjectForward(Item As Outlook.MailItem)
Item.Subject = "Forwared to FCI"
Item.Save

Set myForward = Item.Forward
myForward.Recipients.Add barry.wardill@*********.co.uk

SendAt = Now() + 0.01388

End Sub

Is it in the outbox? (If it looks like a draft, an addin is marking the mail read when you open the folder. )
Yeah, the time calc is in the wrong order and you need either .display or .send. I like to use .display during testing so i can see when the messages look like without sending them. Change to .send when you are satisfied it works good.

Code:
Item.Save

SendAt = Now() + 0.01388
myforward.display ' use display to test

End Sub

Is it in the outbox? (If it looks like a draft, an addin is marking the mail read when you open the folder. )
Yeah, the time calc is in the wrong order and you need either .display or .send. I like to use .display during testing so i can see when the messages look like without sending them. Change to .send when you are satisfied it works good.

Code:
Item.Save

SendAt = Now() + 0.01388
myforward.display ' use display to test

End Sub

Hi Diane

that works a treat, thank you...............one thing I had missed off though was the quotes around my recipient

Thanks again for your help

Cheers

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Forward Message after editing attachments and include edited attachments Using Outlook 5
A Creating an outlook rule to forward an email with a specific message Using Outlook 1
D Forward message to address from subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to change From then forward message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Reply & Forward Date in original message incorrect Using Outlook 2
J How to Reply or Forward a message and Archive it in same step? Using Outlook 0
K How to auto truncate a message to forward with Outlook Rules Using Outlook 6
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Forward mails with "FW:" or "RE:" in title Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Customized form: The Forward option shows write layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Z VBA Forward vs manual forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
David McKay VBA to manually forward using odd options Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Bering Forward selected email without the original email appended Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C UDFs Reply vs Forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Outlook macro to automate search and forward process Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Missing forward/replied icons Using Outlook 2
B Automatically Forward Emails and Remove/Replace All or Part of Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
M Forward Appointment as BCC with VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
B Forward every other email in Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Disable or hide "reply" and "reply to all" and "forward" in email from access vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Don't forward duplicate Using Outlook 0
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Forward Outlook Email by Filtering using Macro Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 44
I change subject and forward without FW: Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C VBA to Forward e-mails from certain address and between certain times Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Forward Action in Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Auto Forward - Include Attachment and change Subject depending on original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K add pdf to every reply or forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Brostin Forward a mail to the address listed in the email text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Going Forward: Using Outlook 2016 for RSS Feeds Using Outlook 2
R changing FW: on forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Z Auto Forward Using Outlook 4
N Outlook script to forward emails based on senders' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Merge Emails with attachments with inbox rule to forward Using Outlook 5