Cut and Paste Addresses from Excel Suddenly Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygirl555

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

I am using Outlook 2010 32-bit and have a list in Excel containing ~1350 email addresses for my clients that I regularly email, and my IT department can't figure out the solution. The list is pulled from a reporting system every few days (to account for changes) - but basically, I've been using a similar list for years and have never run into this problem.

Until earlier this week, I was able to copy and paste all of the addresses into the TO, CC or BCC fields. Suddenly on Tuesday, Outlook seems to cut off at a designated point. I know the names are in the clipboard because they paste to a Word document just fine.

We thought it might have been an update installed by Microsoft, but when we rolled back my computer image to last week, it didn't make a difference.

Any thoughts about why this might have happened and how to solve?

Thanks again!

The file has been approx. the same size? There is a limit to the number of characters in the To field. Short aliases and domains will allow more names than long aliases and domains.

How many addresses were cut off?

The file has been approx. the same size? There is a limit to the number of characters in the To field. Short aliases and domains will allow more names than long aliases and domains.

How many addresses were cut off?

Hi Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Ah ha...I think you might have pinpointed the issue!

Yes - the Excel report - even though it is frequently updated - has always had the same number of people through the years, but on January 1 we had a company name change and updated the domain name of some email addresses from an eight-character domain to a fourteen character domain name.

It tends to cut off around 1275 names now.

I can send in two batches, but oh what a mess that will be. Any other suggestions to help solve this problem?

Thanks!

Are some of these names in the GAL? If you use a DL in GAL, Exchange expands it and the only limitation will be what the server imposes, which apparently is more than 1350 names. :)

A dynamic DL in the gal that uses a property - department etc - will be the easiest as it won't need to be updated as long as the AD records are updated.

Thanks again Diane. This is SO helpful!

I am going to talk to our IT people to see what it would take to set this up.

At least you've helped me solve my probem and pointed me in the direction for a solution - THANK YOU! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
makinmyway Research Pane in Emails Turns on and Cut Paste Keys then Stop Working Using Outlook 5
N Cut and Paste Taking 25 seconds Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Cut the Clutter: Using Exchange Online’s Clutter Folder Using Outlook 0
S categories are being cut off after selecting from category pop up form Using Outlook 3
B email getting cut off Using Outlook 9
M Editing tasks: highlight & copy/cut NOT working in Calendar entries Using Outlook 4
L Outlook Contact Short-Cut In a Folder Using Outlook 10
D Frequently used response short cut possible macro Using Outlook 1
B Fonts cut off when composing new email on outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J CPA cuts off left edge of printed Calendar. Ex. January the J is cut off. Using Outlook 11
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1
B Paste formatted text (bold, underlined and in quotes) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O How to paste website content using a specific font and removing URLs Using Outlook 2
D Outlook macro with today's date in subject and paste clipboard in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Paste content to Excel when .txt file (attachment) is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Paste clipboard contents using VBA Using Outlook 0
A Outlook: copy & paste Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V Copy and paste body and subject and send multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
C Copy Cell value from Excel and paste into current email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
R Copy/paste mailing address Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Copy email content and paste into new Word Document using a different font Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 Delete and Paste Between Fields Using Outlook 25
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
I Clipboard paste in macro Using Outlook 14
R how to copy a list of email contacts and paste them only as names (not names + email address) Using Outlook 12
G Outlook 2007 Macro: Paste - Paste Special - Unformatted Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
K Copy Entire Email Content - Paste into new Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K How to copy Contact Item to Clipboard and Paste as "VCF Link? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z unable to paste screenshot into custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Using copy paste to grab email addresses from the TO: address fiel Using Outlook 14
J Outlook 2019 Regex email addresses from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Wishlist Extract or scan new email addresses from out of office replies. Leads from OOO replies Using Outlook 1
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
L Capture email addresses and create a comma separated list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
M Autofill addresses Using Outlook 0
T How can we view Blocked email addresses Using Outlook 6