Can't attach filesd to email as no symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

magrod

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Since being changed from Hotmail to Outlook I have been unable to attach anything to emails as there is no toolbar or symbols. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? I have tried a few things from suggestions on the web but with no success. I have Windows 7 and explorer. Thanks

magrod

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Thanks for the reply. No I don't get the attach icon. It flashes for a fraction of a second when I open a new email but that's it. Not sure about the other part of your question as I'm not that computer savvy.

magrod

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi I've just realised that IE9 refers to Internet Explorer. I think I have version 10.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you press Ctrl+Shift+P to open "inprivate browsing", does it work?

what all did you try so far?

magrod

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
If you press Ctrl+Shift+P to open "inprivate browsing", does it work?

what all did you try so far?
Yes it works if I do the above. I have tried to run outlook / and outlook.exe / with no success. I have cleared cookies, deleted browsing history and checked I have got Silverlight and that it was enabled. It is odd that I get a brief glimpse of the icon when I open a new email but it disappears immediately. I imagine it has something to do with my settings as, although others have this problem, it is not universal.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The fact that it works in private mode means its likely a setting. Do you have browser security on default? That would be IE's Tools (gear icon) > internet options > security tab. Maybe cookies on the privacy TAB... OR you could reset the browser settings on the Advanced tab.

magrod

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The fact that it works in private mode means its likely a setting. Do you have browser security on default? That would be IE's Tools (gear icon) > internet options > security tab. Maybe cookies on the privacy TAB... OR you could reset the browser settings on the Advanced tab.
I misunderstood your reply about private mode as didn’t knowI had one and just confirmed that the screen opened! Today I went into it andopened Outlook and there is the same problem. I also clicked on Tools and got ascreen with several sections none of which related to security so I openedInternet Options via Programmes and nothing seemed amiss. Does the fact that Idon’t get the attach icon in both modes mean it is a different problem? Sorryto be a pain but as you have probablyrealised I am not very computer savvy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Order of Recent Items in Attach File List Using Outlook 5
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
T Attach Current File to a new Email Using Outlook 0
P Macro to attach a file in a shared Outlook draft folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Macro to attach last 2 items downloaded Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Use a Macro to Attach Files to New Messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook will not attach using Send To Feature Using Outlook 0
J Attach file and send email Using Outlook 10
C Business Con Mgr - E-mail blast, to have a 'CC' as well as attach a document.. Exchange Server Administration 0
L Can't attach files in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
T Unable to attach message as an attachment in outlook Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2010 error - you are attempting to attach too many files at once Using Outlook 11
J Also happened to me, My Outlook 2007 stopped allowing me to attach ANY files. Using Outlook 1
M Is there a Step-by-Step how-to Disable and Attach a Mailbox to a Different User for Exhange 2010? Exchange Server Administration 4
J Problem using drag and drop to attach an html email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
R My Outlook 2007 stopped allowing me to attach ANY files. Using Outlook 2
J How to attach several image files withour exceeding max message size ? Using Outlook 3
N Cannot paste image in the body of an email, it will only attach it as a file. Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2007 can't find the file I want to attach. Using Windows 7 Home Using Outlook 2
R Cannot attach documents to email Using Outlook 3
E Change Default Directory when attach or save files of emails Using Outlook 1
W My document file cannot be accessed through the 'attach' icon. That file can only be attached by going to 'Documents' in master fi Using Outlook 2
C Now the problem I see is that I get an error when installing the Exchange 2010 SP 1. I attach a scre Exchange Server Administration 10
A cant send a message when i attach a word doc__ message oa8f2vfv031886 Using Outlook 1
E Attach Item within Body of a Message in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
C Unable to attach document Using Outlook 1
D 1-click change between "attach" and "in-line" for reply and forward? Using Outlook 1
P 1. Outlook 2007 won't send messages.__ Also:__2. I can't attach a 2nd email address to Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
R Unable to attach a large file to an email Using Outlook 1
J outlook 2010 will not attach contacts to address book Using Outlook 2
L Attach file 'Look in' box only lists desktop and ftp Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 shuts down and quickly restarts every time I try to attach a file, but otherwise works Using Outlook 2
T Can't send email using "Attach to email" from Acrobat (and other programs) to Outlook Using Outlook 1
G Unable to attach some files Using Outlook 1
L not able to attach links to outlook express emails Using Outlook 1
D the 'attach item' function is not resizable. why? Using Outlook 4
R attach documents into tasks__ Using Outlook 2
P Send and save to a specific folder, send without saving, reply with or without attachement, delete attach files Using Outlook 3
R 404 File Not Found when trying to attach a file Exchange Server Administration 4
Y I need to attach a PDF file of resume and cover letter Using Outlook 1
K Slow to attach excel files Using Outlook 10
7 Problems trying to attach a picture from the Windows 7 Pictures Library to an Outlook 2003 message (e.g. a new message) Using Outlook 3
N Outlook 2010, File Attachments, not being received by recipients, replaced with "winmail.dat" attach Using Outlook 35
T Outlook's button 'Attach File' does not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Task / Insert / Attach Item / Business Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Files in "Attach File" popup menu no longer alphabetical Using Outlook 3