Can't attach filesd to email as no symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

magrod

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Since being changed from Hotmail to Outlook I have been unable to attach anything to emails as there is no toolbar or symbols. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it? I have tried a few things from suggestions on the web but with no success. I have Windows 7 and explorer. Thanks

So you don't see this screen?

outlookcom-newmail.png

What version of IE do you use? I checked t on IE9 on Windows 7 and it works.

Hi Thanks for the reply. No I don't get the attach icon. It flashes for a fraction of a second when I open a new email but that's it. Not sure about the other part of your question as I'm not that computer savvy.

Hi I've just realised that IE9 refers to Internet Explorer. I think I have version 10.

If you press Ctrl+Shift+P to open "inprivate browsing", does it work?

what all did you try so far?

If you press Ctrl+Shift+P to open "inprivate browsing", does it work?

what all did you try so far?

Yes it works if I do the above. I have tried to run outlook / and outlook.exe / with no success. I have cleared cookies, deleted browsing history and checked I have got Silverlight and that it was enabled. It is odd that I get a brief glimpse of the icon when I open a new email but it disappears immediately. I imagine it has something to do with my settings as, although others have this problem, it is not universal.

The fact that it works in private mode means its likely a setting. Do you have browser security on default? That would be IE's Tools (gear icon) > internet options > security tab. Maybe cookies on the privacy TAB... OR you could reset the browser settings on the Advanced tab.

The fact that it works in private mode means its likely a setting. Do you have browser security on default? That would be IE's Tools (gear icon) > internet options > security tab. Maybe cookies on the privacy TAB... OR you could reset the browser settings on the Advanced tab.
I misunderstood your reply about private mode as didn’t knowI had one and just confirmed that the screen opened! Today I went into it andopened Outlook and there is the same problem. I also clicked on Tools and got ascreen with several sections none of which related to security so I openedInternet Options via Programmes and nothing seemed amiss. Does the fact that Idon’t get the attach icon in both modes mean it is a different problem? Sorryto be a pain but as you have probablyrealised I am not very computer savvy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Outlook 365 Can I attach 2 files to to post? Using Outlook 1
V Pin a document to the "Attach file" Recent Documents list Using Outlook 0
B disappearing original when attach to email Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Order of Recent Items in Attach File List Using Outlook 5
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
T Attach Current File to a new Email Using Outlook 0
P Macro to attach a file in a shared Outlook draft folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Macro to attach last 2 items downloaded Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Use a Macro to Attach Files to New Messages Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook will not attach using Send To Feature Using Outlook 0
J Attach file and send email Using Outlook 10
C Business Con Mgr - E-mail blast, to have a 'CC' as well as attach a document.. Exchange Server Administration 0
L Can't attach files in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
T Unable to attach message as an attachment in outlook Using Outlook 5
J Problem using drag and drop to attach an html email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
T Outlook's button 'Attach File' does not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
G Task / Insert / Attach Item / Business Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Files in "Attach File" popup menu no longer alphabetical Using Outlook 3
K Attach addin to outlook 2007 editor Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N How to attach a file with MS Outlook, from a program? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Tasks - convert email to task & attach email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Re: Cannot attach a file to an Outlook 2007 template after installingOffice 2007 SP2 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L outlook 2007 attach multiple journals to same contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B I want to be able to associate or attach e-mails to an account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9