Distribution List with hundreds of emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMMPhill

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Hello, I have been racking my brain and googling like crazy but can't seem to find an answer to my question.

I have a list of close to 1000 email addresses that I contact a couple of times per month. I have been sending the exact same email out in batches with about 100 email addresses BCC'd due to Outlook's supposed distribution list limitations.

I noticed an email that I received the other day from the HR department had a couple of distribution groups on copy totaling more than 1000 people. What kind of sorcery is this?!?

Is it possible to find a workaround so that I no longer have to spend so much time crafting and sending 10 emails? I'd really like to just send 1.

Was HR using a DL in the GAL? They have different limits than outlook - although, an update fixed outlook's DL limit with Exchange server accounts. Non-exchange accounts are limited by the SMTP server and there is a character limit for the To, CC and BCC fields.

If you use Exchange server, verify all updates are installed and see if you can add more address to a DL.

However, even better is to send them using a mail merge - addresses go into the To field and are less likely to be tagged as spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M How can we find the list of users who are members of a deleted distribution list? Exchange Server Administration 2
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
D Macro to scan email distribution list when replying Using Outlook 2
J Maintain Distribution List Using Outlook 3
S Finding Distribution List Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Rule for Distribution List Using Outlook 0
M add contacts to shared contacts distribution list Using Outlook 1
E Add sender to distribution list? Using Outlook 3
B Restore deleted contact distribution list Using Outlook 1
L Convert Distribution List of Contacts to Single Contacts Using Outlook 6
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Distribution list fails after conversion to Unicode PST Using Outlook 2
C Can't import distribution list - help, please Using Outlook 1
L Individual E-mails from Distribution List Using Outlook 5
M Import distribution list into MS Exchange Sharepoint Exchange Server Administration 3
T Distribution List - Export/Import Using Outlook 4
K Creating a New Distribution List from an Existing one Using Outlook 0
C How do I hide distribution list from global contacts for certain users? Exchange Server Administration 1
A Lock the distribution list Using Outlook 1
L Sending from a distribution list email Using Outlook 6
J Automatically CC to another user when sending from Distribution List Using Outlook 2
K Autocomplete list not saving distribution list Using Outlook 3
G Posting of Email Messages Using a Distribution List BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F Obtain Members of a Distribution List Outlook 2003 c# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L How do I set up or transfer a distribution list into Global contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Outlook 2003 - Making a distribution list from a contact folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook Distribution List contents Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S New Outlook Distribution List Location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Y auto add contact in a distribution list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B add to existing distribution list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S To get members of the distribution list and their managers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Maintain Outlook Distribution List from Access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A How to obtain the Distribution List of a Sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M updating and saving contacts in Distribution List Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Check for the distribution list existence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Import Into Existing Distribution List Using Outlook 3
D Distribution List won't stick in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
N Distribution list does not sync from Outlook to hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Expand Distribution List on Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Distribution list failure - "an unexpected error has occurred" Using Outlook 7
K Distribution List BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A import email addresses into a distribution list Using Outlook 14
V Re: How can I restore a deleted distribution list to my contacts? Using Outlook 5
E Distribution lists Using Outlook 1
M Question about nested distribution lists Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1
A Are categories still recommended for creating local distribution lists? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Using Categories for Dynamic Distribution Lists Using Outlook 0