Script to Macro in Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
I found these two different ways to have a commandbutton in a contact run a code from the script that runs a macro from a module. Do either if these do it?

sub CommandButton1_click

call module1.macroname()

end sub

sub CommandButton1_click

macroname

end sub

The macroname only version is the shorthand version - using call is optional. Using the module name eliminates ambiguous names - if you happen to have 2 with the same name, it finds the correct one. Either should work fine.

I just did

sub CommandButton5_click

call module7.E_Mails_From_Lou_Stoler_and_Catch_Ups()

end sub

and there is error "object module7 required"

and then I did:

sub CommandButton5_click

E_Mails_From_Lou_Stoler_and_Catch_Ups()

end sub

and there errro is "type mismatch E_Mails_From_Lou_Stoler_and_Catch_Ups"

Any way to fix these?

try the second without the () - that is usually reserved for functions or when you need to pass values to the macro.

sub CommandButton5_click

E_Mails_From_Lou_Stoler_and_Catch_Ups

end sub

Same errror "type mismatch E_Mails_From_Lou_Stoler_and_Catch_Ups"

type mismatch means there is something that doesn't match - you're asking for a string when it should be a value or something. Does the macro you are calling work fine if you run it on its own?

Yes it works fine....i open up the contact, go to macros, click on it, and run it and it does it....this is a macro code you gave me that creates the emai to the contact using a template....and the macro correlates to a userform so when I run the macro, it opens up the combobox from the related userform....

so the key is to create the commandbotton in the contact form thru the script so it runs that macro which opens up the combobox from the related useform...

Anything else to upgrade ??

Yeah, this type of macro needs to run from a command button on the ribbon or toolbar.

OK....so is there a way that when I put the macro on the quck tool bar of the contact as a part of the form, can I create a commandbotton in a scipt or some other way that when I click on the commandbotton it runs the button from the quck tool bar?

And also, instead of using the macro goes to the userfrom, I typed the macro name which is just single macro that creates the email per the template....and it is the same error....

so something like this, run in a normal manner

sub runthis()

macroname

end sub

failed too?

Where do i put it please and is it another macro or do i add the commandbutton click to it somehow and put in the script?

udate please??? I created that macro you just showed me....and when i run that macro, it runs the macroname I put in.....but how do I put that macro in the script so there is a commandbutton to it? I tried it per the standart commandbotton_click thing, and same error re not recognizing the macro

Sorry, I played hooky today - i'll try and take a look tomorrow. If the macro is not in the userform, you will need to use Public macros in the module and may need to use the module name.

Thanks much....look forward to it being done!!! PS, sent you the codes in a word document.

Any update from the Smart Woman???? I need it!!! :):)

I found a way to create a code in the Outlook Session as follows and when I run it, it runs the macro of the macro name.

Public Sub runthis()

macroname

End Sub

Then in the Script area of the Contact form, I added the following code and CommandButton6 to the form, and when I click on the CommandButton, it runs the macroname.

Sub CommandButton6_Click

Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

myOlApp.runthis

End Sub

Then when I created the same things as second way with runthis1 with a different macroname and a commandbutton 7, when I run the contact from it shows the commandbuttons and the commandbotton7 runs the macro related to the runthis1

But the problem is when I publish this form, and create a new contact from the form, the new contact does not show the commandbutton7 for some reason....

So it seems I found the way to do it, but it is not saving the second commandbutton7 in the contact I create, even though when I click on a new contact to create, both commandbuttons show up, but the commandbutton7 does not save in the contact I create.

Can we fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.