Filtering exclusive imported contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimbian

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I am about to import a contact list from another Outlook 2010 user and many will be the same as those I already have and will be merged; however, there will be unique ones in my contact list and there will be unique ones in their list.

What I would like to do is to be able to filter to find the uniques in both lists, perhaps by re-setting a category, so we can both assess the relative net-gains of the merge.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Found I could do this easily with advanced filters. :)

Another option, if you want to compare after the import, is to assign categories to one set of contact - say a category called "Imported". In a csv, add a column called Categories and fill it. Or... select all of the current contacts and assign them to "Original" category. If Outlook is set to check for duplicates, it should alert you each time there is a match, which is annoying if you have a lot of contacts.

Thanks for the reply.

I have about 700 contacts and they will be around the same. I'm guessing that at least 60% (maybe 75%) will be the same contact perhaps with different levels of information. We may also have our own 'notes' in the notes field too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O After filtering, how to display all events on that day? Using Outlook 4
A Forward Outlook Email by Filtering using Macro Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 44
Diane Poremsky Junk Mail Filtering in Outlook Using Outlook 0
oliv- .RESTRICT returning birthdays regardless of the filtering date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Outlook 2013 Want to file a note after filtering with search current mailbox Using Outlook 3
S Filtering based on mailing list field Using Outlook 1
Randy Redekopp Filtering a view based on a custom field Using Outlook 1
G filtering email with missing TLD to Junk Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Junk Mail filtering and IMAP Using Outlook 3
D What is the To-Do List VIEW" Filtering On? Using Outlook 2
U Filtering or Rules against "Tracked Conversations" Using Outlook 6
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
S Inbound email filtering beyond Rules Using Outlook 7
R Filtering messages requesting Read Receipts Using Outlook 1
C Advice on custom filtering Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J DisablePST = 2 : Only Sharing-Exclusive PSTs can be added Using Outlook 1
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2013 All imported Mail Rules in error when imported into new profile Using Outlook 5
J Moving Imported folder Using Outlook 2
B All imported tasks appear in to-do list Using Outlook 3
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Imported Contact Issues Using Outlook 11
R I have imported a .pst file into my outlook and I cannot locate it. It seems to be in my main Inbox Using Outlook 1
W URGENT Cancel and remove imported pop3 mails Using Outlook 6
A Contacts missing in imported mails Using Outlook 1
D Imported Tasks - Pop Up does not work Using Outlook 3
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
T BCM 2007 to Outlook 2010 with no BCM - need contacts imported BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G How many contacts can be imported into BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F Macro to update imported contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6