All mail folder like gmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

23chickens

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
So - I may not be thinking about this in the right way. I have recently started a new job where that uses outlook again. I have been a gmail user for about a month and I have seem to forgotten how to use outlook....

One of the things I like about gmail is the ability to move things to the ALL MAIL folder that I think essentially archives the message. How can I do that in Outlook? I know it is possible just not sure the best way to get that done. Also - what implications will this have one my phone as I would still like to search them.

Thanks !

In outlook, you can create a folder (i use .complete) and create a quick step to move mail to as you finish it. Or, if you just want to see unread messages, you can use a search folder that shows unread messages (or whatever condition you want) and use the inbox as the 'all mail' folder.

Either Search folder or completed folder will not adversely affect the phone, assuming you use either exchange or imap - all mail will accessible on the phone. (you may need to switch folders to see it, but it'll be available.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
lcarpay Stay in the mail folder pane after ctrl-1 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
B Clear Offline Items (Mail Folder) via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
D Print attachments automatically and moves the mail to a new folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
J Save E-mail attachments in a specific folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M One Note as a mail folder Using Outlook 6
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Move new mail to folder based on sender address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Probem with junk mail folder in new account in Outlook Using Outlook 0
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S VBA Code to move mail items from search folder to inbox subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M junk mail folder Using Outlook 2
F Outgoing mail from Outlook.com sticks in Drafts folder Using Outlook 0
Phillip Show mail items in folder macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6
P move a specified email "From" tag items to a certain folder whenever there is "New Mail" in the inbo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L any ways to create shortcuts to a public mail folder Using Outlook 4
P Outlook Keeps Synchronizing IMAP "Sent Mail" Folder Using Outlook 0
L Save Mail Message to new folder created automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D 'removing' an e-mail folder Using Outlook 2
Douglas Littlefield Macro to move mail from inbox to Managed Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
A Creating rule to create week folder and transfer mail using alert Using Outlook 3
Tom.Schaefer Color for Mail-folder in OL2013 Using Outlook 1
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
S automatically moving flagged sent e-mail to a special folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Macro Move E-mail attachments to a PC Folder Using Outlook 16
N rule to move sent mail to the deleted folder in outlook Using Outlook 4
R compare folder contents to e-mail attachement Using Outlook 1
D How do I mail-enable a Public Folder Sub-folder in exchnage 2007 using shell ? Exchange Server Administration 0
A Outlook VBA - moving mail item to public folder using variable within path Using Outlook 6
D Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book is enabled but I want to disable Using Outlook 2
E Automatically move to other Folder from Inbox when mail comes - MS Outlook Using Outlook 1
T Importing OE6 e-mail to Outlook via Store Folder Using Outlook 9
S Automatically expand a folder when new mail arrives Using Outlook 7
C Outlook rule moves e-mail to a deleted folder Using Outlook 1
U Problems with junk mail folder... Using Outlook 1
M 2 exchange accounts in 1 profile - mixing sent mail folder Using Outlook 1
S Outllok 2007 VBA code to send mail automatically from drafts folder Using Outlook 1
M Recover moved mail to task folder Using Outlook 1
G Red crossed circle disappeared from Junk Mail folder Using Outlook 3