Status
Not open for further replies.

MJH 10

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
First time I have seen this behavior.

Sent several emails today and then went to check the "Sent Items" folder. Some of my emails were there, but there was one that was missing. I searched for the sent email item, and the search did find it. Looks like it is stored in the Sent Items folder from what I can see. However, when I display the Sent Items folder, it does not appear in the list.

Rebooted and sent a test email--it does show in the Sent Items folder. My earlier missing email still does not show in the Sent Folder view. However, if I search for the email, it does display in the Search Results.

I've checked all the other Sent folder for other accounts in my Outlook--it is not sitting in another account.

If I search in "Current Folder" the missing/non-displayed email is only found in the account's Sent Items folder (where it is not displayed unless you search.

Huh? How many more of my sent emails are not being displayed?

I should add, I logged into this account from another computer and my test email was displayed, but the missing one was not--but again I could find it with search on the second computer.

Is it a reply to a message that is stored in a folder, not in the inbox? there is an option in outlook to save sent messages with the original if not in the inbox.

If its not that, is there a view set on the folder that would be hiding it?

The message I replied to was in the standard Inbox.

I do not have any special view sets; don't use that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
G "on behalf of..." not showing on Sent e-mail copy, but is on Delivered copy Using Outlook 5
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 12
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 4
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
I How to receive mails on behalf of when sent to group mail? Using Outlook 2
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Outlook People Pane - Sent Mail Using Outlook 1
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Keeps Synchronizing IMAP "Sent Mail" Folder Using Outlook 0
P How to save sent mail and forward it the next day Exchange Server Administration 3
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
S automatically moving flagged sent e-mail to a special folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S categorizing and Filing sent mail items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2013 IMAP using Google Mail App not syching Sent Mail Using Outlook 3
N rule to move sent mail to the deleted folder in outlook Using Outlook 4
H 2013 Rules do not run automaticlly on SENT mail Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Macro for checking the mail is sent to outside organization Using Outlook 3
C Gmail mail sent to my 2003 Using Outlook 1
T sent mails in outlook 2010 not coming in the yahoo mail Using Outlook 1
T Find the sender who sent the mail from Generic Mailbox. Using Outlook 4
M 2 exchange accounts in 1 profile - mixing sent mail folder Using Outlook 1
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2010 Sent emails don't appear in the sent mail folder Using Outlook 9
M Mail in HTML format can't be sent if url or number is in the body Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
D Mail is received in Plain text even formatted and sent in HTML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Blank E-mail in Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
S Obtaining the Message-ID (rfc882) from a sent mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Confirm Each Recipient in a New Outlook Mail Before it is Sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Confirm Each Recipient in a New Outlook Mail Before it is Sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Saving an attachment - outbox and sent mail conflicts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
S Sent e-mails roll back to previous draft state Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
icacream Outlook 2021 Win 10 - Nothing goes in my Drafts or Sent items folders ! Using Outlook 1
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
S How to find emails that I sent that have not received a reply? Using Outlook 7
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Images not displaying in emails sent to self Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 A Shortcut to recall and delete and sent message. Using Outlook 1