2013 Rules do not run automaticlly on SENT mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I have both an Exchange account (outlook.com) and a POP3 account. the rules I have set up run fine on the incoming mail but do not run automatically on the Sent mail in either account. They run fine when I run the rules manually so there is not a problem with the way the rule is constructed.

Is there something that is causing the automatic function to be buggy?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
If you are connecting to outlook.com, aka Hotmail, it's not an exchange account :) However, the runs should still run when you send mail, if a message matches the conditions in the rule.

How do the rules read - what are you doing to the message? Are they getting disabled or just not bring applied to the messages?

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
outlook. com is running Exchange ActiveSync. Rule runs correctly if I manually execute it (Rules/Run Rules Now) Will not run automatically for sent mail. Rules created for inbox runs fine. Have seen 7 pages in the Outlook Community Forum reporting the same issue for Outlook 2013.

If the rule runs when executed manually it seems to me that the rule is created correctly. What else should I look for?

- - - Updated - - -

outlook. com is running Exchange ActiveSync. Rule runs correctly if I manually execute it (Rules/Run Rules Now) Will not run automatically for sent mail. Rules created for inbox runs fine. Have seen 7 pages in the Outlook Community Forum reporting the same issue for Outlook 2013.

If the rule runs when executed manually it seems to me that the rule is created correctly. What else should I look for?

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Here's another little interesting tidbit on this problem. 'Run Rules Now' only runs the rule on the folder that is 'open" In other words, if I run rules on "sent' folder but that folder is not the one that is showing on my Outlook the rule doesn't run. If I open the sent folder and then run rules that address the sent messages the rule performs. So this is why it appears that the rules do not run automatically. Either the inbox or sent folder is open - never both. So when a rule tries to run it doesn't have the folder it is looking for so it doesn't run.

Nothing is ever easy

Status
Not open for further replies.