Status
Not open for further replies.

milosh

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear all,

I've experiencing the issue with MS Outlook 2010 SP1. When I'm creating a new message, if there is an url in the body of message (i.e. www.google.com) or number (8774982837 or 732139) the message is sent without body (messages are in the HTML format). Same thing is happening if you try to save such message to Drafts - when you open the message there isn't any content. All messages include other text before the url or number.

Also, I've noticed that opening such message from Sent items or Drafts, then forwarding it with adding some new text, urls or numbers, the message is then sent or saved with new content but still without prior content.

If you change the format to Rich Text it works without problems.

When I'm working with Outlook 2003 for the same Exchange account, I'm not experiencing any problems with HTML format emails.

Note: Exchange account is hosted on MS Exchange 2003 Server

Please help.

Regards,

Milos

milosh

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Re: Mail in HTML format can't be sent if url or number is in the body Outlook

After days of troubleshooting, I found the solution.
I used pst file for years in format: Outlook Data File (97-2002). I've just connected to it when I installed new OS and MS 2010. During the period from 12-15 September this year one of the MS updates caused this behavior (I didn't find which one because it's a time consuming).

Today, I created a new, blank pst in new format, test it and it worked without any problems. After that, I imported all the e-mails from old pst and still it is working normally.

I guess that this is some kind of MS issue. However, the important thing is that it's solved.

Hope that someone will find this useful.

Regards,

Milos

Forum Admin

Re: Mail in HTML format can't be sent if url or number is in the body Outlook

Interesting. There have been other issues with ANSI format that were fixed by upgrading.

Thanks for sharing the solution. Things like this are often only solved by someone who has experienced the issue themselves and this may very well point others in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V mail format change automatically html to plain text in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 7
S HTML format is lost in e-mail OWA 2003 to OWA 2007 Using Outlook 3
D Mail Format Changes from HTML to RTF Upon Forward - How to change Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Outllok 2010 (14.0.7015.1000 (32bit) converts html mail to rich text when move Using Outlook 1
K Composed e-mail in html, recieves in plain text Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 BCM Mass E-mail feature insists on converting outbound HTML emails to plain text Using Outlook 2
B Problems with Default to text and need to change to HTML. Must change Font each time I handle mail or typing. Using Outlook 1
M OL 2007: rendering of certain HTML mail unbearably slow! Using Outlook 2
B incomings e-mail displaying as plain text rather than HTML. Using Outlook 2
B incoming POP mail displays HTML tags in message body, how to turn tag dumping off? Using Outlook 2
A Trying to insert an HTML code (an embedded YouTube video) into an e-mail. Using Outlook 3
D OUTLOOK 2010 crashes trying to print any e-mail with HTML formating. Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 32-bit crashes when I try to open HTML e-mail Using Outlook 0
N Can you set right and decimal tab stops in an Outlook 2010 HTML e-mail message Using Outlook 1
D Mail is received in Plain text even formatted and sent in HTML Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Received Mail Outlook 2003 shows html code Using Outlook 4
N Run an executable with arguments from an HTML mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A html content of mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 8
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
oliv- How to distinguish whether mail is incoming or outgoing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
Z Add text to auto-forwarded e-mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K HOW TO FIX AOL MAIL ISSUES? Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
I Junk Mail and PersonMetadata Using Outlook 2
T 3 months of archived e-mail is missing Using Outlook 1
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
G Detect Google Drive and OneDrive links in incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
Victor_50 Outlook 2013 Custom Contact Form starts with "E-mail 2" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2
B Clear Offline Items (Mail Folder) via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
O Using .OST and .PST mail thru different providers Using Outlook 5