Email Send & Receive Turned off but sends automatically anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Jory

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
When I pull down the send/receive groups menu, I selected "Disable Scheduled Send/Receive"

I also went into the "Define Send/Receive Groups" , All Accounts and unchecked "Schedule and automatic send/receive every 30 minutes in both places.

When I created a message and clicked on send to get out of it, it sent it right away.

How do I turn this off so it only sends and receives when I click "Send/Receive All Folders"

You want to disable the Send Immediately when connected option.

Have a look at the resolution here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2797572

The instructions listed are for enabling the mentioned feature, where in step 3 you would want to remove the check in order to disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
C Can receive but can not send email Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
M VBA to send reminder email if no response Using Outlook 13
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Can't send email in outlook.com Using Outlook 9
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook - Send New 20 Attachments through Email Using Outlook 4
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Is it possible to automatically send an email when it is moved to a folder? Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky How to Send Email When Traveling or Using Public Wi-Fi Using Outlook 0
B VBA Help Email that will save as draft and send as attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Automatically send email based on drop-down field? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H send reminder if no reply received on first or original email using macro Using Outlook 2
K Macro Not Executing then send email from Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Block user to send emails to specific set of email ids Using Outlook 1
T Can't send email through connected account (outlook.live.com) - goes to Drafts folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
C Custom Application Form send Email to Another User Using Outlook 1
C Macro to send email after changing from address and adding signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Send an Email When a Reminder Fires Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Send email to all addresses for one Contact Using Outlook 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When a Reminder Fires Using Outlook 0
A Send email from BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T Using a macro to send email to diffrent address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Send email from excel based on a condition (outlook 2007) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2010 – Send email based on categories Using Outlook 2
M Use a macro to send files by email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3
C outlook 2013-how do i send email to myself? Using Outlook 1