Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonm123

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi All,

I need a VBA code with the below requirements.

All my emails have a specific Subject line pattern. e.g. if the request is for Jason.. The subject line is "Issue with Desktop [JAS].. There are 10-15 such names and each one of them has a short name in the subject line of the email.. For each of those names there is a folder. I would want subject lines with [JAS] to move to JAS folder and so on..

Is this possible.. Please help.. I need this urgently..

Thanks

Jason

This should work - although the subject might need tweaked a little

it assumes the folders are under under the currently selected folder. as written it works on the semected messages - this makes it easy to test and it can be changed after you are sure it works.

Code:
Public Sub MoveSelectedMessages()
    Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
    Dim objNamespace As Outlook.NameSpace
    Dim objDestFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder
    Dim objSourceFolder As Outlook.Folder
    Dim currentExplorer As Explorer
    Dim Selection As Selection
    Dim obj As Object

Dim objVariant As Variant
    Dim strSubject As string
    Dim strDestFolder As String

Set objOutlook = Application
    Set objNamespace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    Set currentExplorer = objOutlook.ActiveExplorer
    Set Selection = currentExplorer.Selection
    Set objSourceFolder = currentExplorer.CurrentFolder

For Each obj In Selection
        Set objVariant = obj
    If objVariant.Class = olMail Then

strsubject = Right(objVariant.subject, Len(objVariant.subject) - InStr(1, objVariant.subject, "["))
strsubject = left(strsubject,len(strsubject - 1))
On Error Resume Next
Set objDestFolder = objSourceFolder.Folders(strsubject)

objVariant.Move objDestFolder
            'count the # of items moved
            Set objDestFolder = Nothing
        End If
    End If
        Err.Clear
    Next
    Set currentExplorer = Nothing
    Set obj = Nothing
    Set Selection = Nothing
    Set objOutlook = Nothing
    Set objNamespace = Nothing
    Set objSourceFolder = Nothing
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P Outlook 2007 Email Categorization using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Norbert VBA Flag that would indicate the email was sent from Outlook to Access. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Default VBA code for extracting data from email (Outlook) to Excel? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
J Email Parsing VBA Script for Outlook - NEEDED Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H Problems With Outlook 2013 VBA To Send and Print an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Redemption? Need rapid pull of Outlook Contacts, email + notes for VBA Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Email Help: Select custom voting button options VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Using VBA to load the CC line on an Outlook email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Can vba(for outlook) do these 2 things or not? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook VBA change GetDefaultFolder dynamically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S vba outlook search string with special characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Outlook Office 365 VBA download attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Problem Checking the available stores in my Inbox (Outlook VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to learn VBA Macros for Outlook. What book can you recommend? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
A VBA Code in Outlook disappears after first use Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Outlook VBA and Google Calendar ("Events") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Advanced Search in MS Outlook by VBA and SQL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1