Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall McS

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,
I recently started a new job and my first task was to fix a problem on an outlook form. The user enteres details in the form and hits send and it emails to a generic email account. The user then double clicks on their email and the form appears. However on the body of the email (before double clicking) the email windows lists a range of email signatures of the person who created the form who no longer works for the company. When i go into design mode i can see that there is a text box with all the email signatures in it however when i delete this text box the whole form deletes for some reason.

I then decided to create a form from scratch however when I fill out the form and email it, when i double click on the email the form does not display instead it is text a blank white email field.

Please note that there is no VBA code within any of the forms as it is just a series of drop down lists and text boxes.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with any of these issues as I am new to using forms.

Regards,
Niall

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you see the signatures when you open the form from New Items > forms > Choose Form? Delete them from that form and republish - don't forget to update the version # if you are using versioning (properties tab in the forms designer)..

Niall McS

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks for the reply Diane. Thats where the form is with the email signatures attached. Ive been working on a copy of the form and deleted the text box with email signatures in it but the form deletes instead of just the text box when you send it. My problem really is that I don't know where the email signatures are coming from as it is the same email signature repeated about 7 times and is a signature of someone who has left the company so their account should be deactivated.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'd think it was added when they published the form.

Do you see the signatures if you open the form - not in forms designer - but open to use it? If so, delete them and republish.

Niall McS

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
No you don't see the signatures when you open the form they are just in forms designer. You see them whenever the form is emailed the signatures appear in the body of the email but if you double click it opens the form.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using separate read and compose layouts? It's under Page button when in forms designer.

Niall McS

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Diane, sorry about the delay in replying to this... I created the forms from scratch using separate read and compose layouts but when I fill the form in and email it the email that comes through is blank (it doesnt pick up the form layout).

Status
Not open for further replies.