Status
Not open for further replies.

Niall McS

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,
I recently started a new job and my first task was to fix a problem on an outlook form. The user enteres details in the form and hits send and it emails to a generic email account. The user then double clicks on their email and the form appears. However on the body of the email (before double clicking) the email windows lists a range of email signatures of the person who created the form who no longer works for the company. When i go into design mode i can see that there is a text box with all the email signatures in it however when i delete this text box the whole form deletes for some reason.

I then decided to create a form from scratch however when I fill out the form and email it, when i double click on the email the form does not display instead it is text a blank white email field.

Please note that there is no VBA code within any of the forms as it is just a series of drop down lists and text boxes.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with any of these issues as I am new to using forms.

Regards,
Niall

Do you see the signatures when you open the form from New Items > forms > Choose Form? Delete them from that form and republish - don't forget to update the version # if you are using versioning (properties tab in the forms designer)..

Thanks for the reply Diane. Thats where the form is with the email signatures attached. Ive been working on a copy of the form and deleted the text box with email signatures in it but the form deletes instead of just the text box when you send it. My problem really is that I don't know where the email signatures are coming from as it is the same email signature repeated about 7 times and is a signature of someone who has left the company so their account should be deactivated.

I'd think it was added when they published the form.

Do you see the signatures if you open the form - not in forms designer - but open to use it? If so, delete them and republish.

No you don't see the signatures when you open the form they are just in forms designer. You see them whenever the form is emailed the signatures appear in the body of the email but if you double click it opens the form.

Are you using separate read and compose layouts? It's under Page button when in forms designer.

Hi Diane, sorry about the delay in replying to this... I created the forms from scratch using separate read and compose layouts but when I fill the form in and email it the email that comes through is blank (it doesnt pick up the form layout).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V How to use Comas in a picklist in Outlook forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook 365 Custom forms field limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V Is it possible to collect statistics from Outlook forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Outlook Forms Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook Custom forms Using Outlook 0
N Export Outlook custom forms fields to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky How to clean up Outlook's Forms Cache Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Designing Custom Outlook Forms Using Outlook 0
G Outlook forms text input Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2013 Forms Issue Using Outlook 1
D Using Follup in Custom Forms Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 9
K Outlook Crash on referencing forms Using Outlook 1
M does outlook 2013/365 on mac support custom forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Viewing & Using custom forms/tasks in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Forms Using Outlook 1
G Questions on creating Outlook forms Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2013 and Organizational Forms Library Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Forms Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2003 forms problem Using Outlook 3
M Add custom locations to Outlook Forms "Look In:" drop-down list Using Outlook 5
J Update Outllook 2010 to Outlook 2013 - Incorrect Forms Using Outlook 2
M Workarounds for sharing custom Outlook 2007 forms? Using Outlook 3
J Outlook Forms 2010 Sent form will not open Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Forms??? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Forms Help Needed "A field in this form requires a value." Using Outlook 6
P Unable to delete custom forms in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
O Outlook custom forms (2003) Using Outlook 5
G Outlook Forms Blank once sent. Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2013 corrupting custom forms? Using Outlook 34
T Outlook 2007 forms: Check boxes and free text boxes not retaining data Using Outlook 1
N Creating dynamic forms in outlook?? Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2007 Forms Compatibility Issues Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Forms: Validation Using Outlook 7
J Outlook 2010 Editing Forms Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010: Cannot save forms templates to folder list Using Outlook 4
F can I use Outlook 2007 to create peer review/approve/reject forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Exporting Outlook Forms to Access or Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Re: Outlook Forms E-mail Creation Sending Blank Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Help using forms in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Outlook 2003 Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Outlook Calendar forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B strange change in Outlook 2000 forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Customizing fields in Outlook forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Today function in Outlook Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 2007 forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Are their other Outlook Journal entry forms besides the standard? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Re: Capturing Outlook Forms Events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1