Outlook 2013 Adding Outlook.com breaks profile, "Outlook not working" messag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucylou

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I want to sync my Outlook 2013 contacts/calendar with Outlook.com.

It worked, once. However, the next time I tried to start Outlook 2013, I got the "Outlook has stopped working" message.

The only way I have found to get Outlook 2013 to work again is to EITHER 1) create a new profile without the Outlook.com address OR 2) go into Mail setup, and change the default data file to any file OTHER than the Outlook.com file.

In the 2d fix above, Outlook 2013 will still work if the Outlook.com file is an available account as long as it is NOT the default data file. Of course, since it's not the default data file, it's not automatically sync'g to my Outlook.com account either. Not good.

I have reinstalled the Office suite via my Office 365 subscription from scratch and it didn't help. I have run the repair tool on the outlook.com ost file, and that didn't help.

Any other ideas?

the outlook.com account should sync if its in the profile - being set as default means new appointments and contacts are created in that folder.

Has everything in the outlook.com account synced up to the server? If so, remove the account from the profile and add it back. This will delete the data file and create a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
A Outlook 2016 - adding outlook.com account creates a new/strange address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 18
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
S Adding a recipient's column to Sent folder in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
A VB to "reply all" email items stored in a folder of outlook with adding a new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P MS OUTLOOK 2013 - Adding Sender on the CC line Using Outlook 5
I Collecting mail address from GAB and adding to Outlook Task Using Outlook 2
J Issues with adding iCloud to Outlook Using Outlook 1
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2007 adding categories Using Outlook 15
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Diane Poremsky Adding Emojis to Outlook's AutoCorrect Using Outlook 0
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
A Adding a 2010 sharepoint contact list to outlook 2010 address book Using Outlook 1
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
stephenjones Adding a business account to Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Adding original email text to outlook message template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Adding text to forwarding rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Adding tex to forwarding rules in Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Outlook 2013. Adding office 365 email account causes 'The operation failed' Using Outlook 2
G Adding 3rd-Party Add-In to Home Ribbon in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
R adding anniversary dates in outlook Using Outlook 2
A Adding Work Calendar to my iPhone 4S from Outlook 2010 and vice a versa. Using Outlook 5
J Outlook Invites automatically adding 'Required Attendees' Using Outlook 1
M Adding [From] Email Address to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Adding a g-Mail account to view in Outlook Using Outlook 2
V Sync outlook with iphone after adding exchange mail account Using Outlook 2
P Batch adding text to email subject lines in Outlook Using Outlook 24
A How do I get Outlook to stop adding a "+1" in front of a telephone number that has an extension. Using Outlook 13
M Adding BCM to Outlook 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Adding members to outlook distribution lists Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
× Adding automaticly recipents-Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Adding watermark to Combobox in Outlook. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
7 adding IFRAME to an outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Adding contacts to Outlook from Access DB Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Adding Custom Forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
R Adding Userform Dropdown List items from names of subfolders on network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Removing old emails when adding accounts Using Outlook 3
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
M Adding Subject to this Link-Saving VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5