Calendar folder cannot be found (tasks folder cannot be found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden-berg

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've been using for years productivity rules that create a task or an appointment out of an email message. First hassle came when switching to an Exchange Active Sync account, when newly created tasks or appointments no longer allowed attachments. Learned to live with that. As of a week ago, I can no longer create "create an appointment with text of message" from my gmail account (can still do it from my outlook.com account). Error message popup is "Calendar folder cannot be found".
Any solution or workaround? I've already followed Google's recommendation to allow access to less secure apps at Account settings: Your browser is not supported..
Thanks!

John Balbach

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been using for years productivity rules that create a task or an appointment out of an email message. First hassle came when switching to an Exchange Active Sync account, when newly created tasks or appointments no longer allowed attachments. Learned to live with that. As of a week ago, I can no longer create "create an appointment with text of message" from my gmail account (can still do it from my outlook.com account). Error message popup is "Calendar folder cannot be found".
Any solution or workaround? I've already followed Google's recommendation to allow access to less secure apps at Account settings: Your browser is not supported..
Thanks!
Similar issue: Outlook 2016, with POP and IMAP accounts. I used to be able to create a "Quick Step" for an email to become a Task. Am now getting error each time: "Tasks folder cannot be found". I am able to drag an email onto the task icon and create a task in that fashion. Have restarted Outlook with "resettoolbar.exe". Any solved this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
D Record Appointment to Calendar on "Public Folder" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 Deleted calendar and contact items not going to delete folder Exchange Server Administration 1
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M This Meeting is not in the Calendar Folder... Using Outlook 4
N Public Folder Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4
J associate task folder with a specific calendar Using Outlook 2
I how to create appointment using saved template onto public folder shared calendar Using Outlook 3
V Open Outlook Calendar and Tasks views with Folder pane off Using Outlook 2
H Calendar Folder property is empty Using Outlook 1
Commodore Calendar Folder property is missing - Event 27 Using Outlook 11
G iCloud task folder not showing in outlook calendar page Using Outlook 3
F Outlook (calendar) Folder width Using Outlook 1
I Importing Outlook form into calendar folder? Using Outlook 1
R Shared Public calendar folder changing appointments Using Outlook 1
M How to set a rule for calendar items to go to a folder vs inbox? Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2010 - "drafts" folder has been moved to calendar. Exchange Server Administration 1
T My Outlook 2007 - (Public folder-Calendar can't insert to My Favourite)but other calender can insert Using Outlook 1
M i need to combine my regular outlook calendar with personal folder calendar Using Outlook 1
D This meeting is not in the Calendar folder for this account. Responses to this meeting will not be t Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 2010 meeting request not on calendar - shows up as rich text message in calendar folder Using Outlook 3
M Accepted Outlook Meeting Notices going into deleted items folder and off the calendar Using Outlook 3
T 'Other' calendar view not displaying public folder some times Using Outlook 1
N Shared Calendar in Public folder hangs when accessing from Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
B Use POP3 for mail, but share Exhange calendar - not personal folder calendar Using Outlook 3
D Setting a calendar entry while in a clients contact folder without e-mailing them. Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 - Calendar in public folder issue Using Outlook 7
S Public Folder Moderated Calendar not showing category colors. Using Outlook 2
J Getting values of custom categories set on Calendar folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Appointment Items in Public Folder calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
V How to persist attributes of a calendar folder and its items? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J dragging an calendar item to deleted folder does not trigger ItemRemove event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Sharing Calendar for Only Scheduling Using Outlook 2
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Work uses live accounts for emails for all employees. Can we use the outlook calendar to give the employees an universal work schedule calendar? Using Outlook 1
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
J Time Zone Issues - Outlook Calendar and Webcal Feed Using Outlook 8
N Backing Up Exchange Calendar Using Outlook 13
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5