Bulk Delete Contacts in iOS Outlook App

makinmyway

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the iOS app online and I am not certain if this is the right place to ask this question but how do I easily delete thousands of Contacts from the iOS Outlook app? They were populated by a previous Gmail sync and by having the Automatically Add Contacts Found in Emails default box checked in the Gmail's associated Contacts Settings online and now won't go away apart from deleting each one by one on the app. Is there no way to bulk select and delete?

makinmyway

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks for your response above, Diane. Are you referring to the iOS Outlook app when you say I can disable contact sync or the Native Apple Contacts or the settings in Gmail online? I can't find a way to delete a "local contacts cache" unless I am looking in the wrong location/application.

makinmyway

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
To follow up as I read your answer again, I have been able to wipe all of the Apple Contacts from the Phone App that comes with the iPhone but that does not affect the People/Contacts in the Outlook app. It would seem you are saying deleting them there should delete them in the Outlook app.

makinmyway

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I figured it out. In the iOS Outlook app under each of the email accounts is an option to refresh the account. When I tried that on each I saw all of the contacts disappear under one of the Gmail accounts (and then reappear when it started to autosync after the refresh). Weird because on the web-based version of Gmail it there were no contacts on that account. So a work around is uninstall that Gmail account from the iOS Outlook app. Thanks!