Addins slowing me down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldmaven

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Outlook 2016 keeps telling me that add-ins are slowing things down. When i follow the link, I get a list of add-ins--but as near as I can tell, they're already disabled. The only option shown for dealing with them is "always enable."

How do I find what add-ins are currently a problem, and how do I deal with them when I do?

I believe your problem can be solved by running 'Outlook as Admin' if you are doing this on the Desktop version of Outlook 2016.

Right-click the Outlook icon and choose 'Run as admin" If you do this to the shortcut icon instead of the actual program you will only see another link for Outlook. Right click that one and you should now see the option to "run as admin".

Once Outlook opens, navigate to File>Options>Add-ins then click Go on the "Manage Com add-ins" button.

From there, choose the add-in you want to delete and click 'remove'. This can only be done if you are running Outlook as an administrator and you will get a message saying as much if you try this under your normal User account.

I hope this helps. It works for me under the same conditions.

The yellow banner is just telling you that the addins were causing outlook to load slowly and it disabled them.

If you don't need the addin, leave it disabled or remove it. If its an addin you need, you can set a registry key to always enable. Always Load an Outlook Addin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Com addins support Using Outlook 1
S How to prevent addins Using Outlook 0
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
J How to create a drop down user defined field that will appear on an inbox view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D Outlook 2013 Macros only run in VB editor, not in drop down or button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
Z See "Change View" Drop Down as a List? Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
B Spacebar Not Scrolling Down Using Outlook 4
E Customer wants a portion of GAL from exchange to sync down to Android contacts via Activesync Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2007 or 2010 - Lock Down Functionality Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Automatically send email based on drop-down field? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky No drop down calendars in Outlook 2010 Print Options Using Outlook 0
J blue down arrow Using Outlook 1
P BCM 2013 Contacts Form Drop Down Box Bug BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Field in Forms displayed depending on the Item chosen from drop-down-list BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Outlook 2003 contact folder opend in scrolled down position Using Outlook 2
M Add custom locations to Outlook Forms "Look In:" drop-down list Using Outlook 5
G Outlook 2007 compound (OR) instant search break down Using Outlook 14
M How do I link a drop down box to a percent complete box Using Outlook 4
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
R Display multiple accounts as drop down in the from field in New Mail Using Outlook 1
F Locking down Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 0
P PST reached maximum size- cant delete emails to slim it down Using Outlook 5
T drag drop/opening drop down/single click acts like double/highlighting Using Outlook 7
Commodore Back/Forward toolbar buttons with pull-down history? Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2007 shut down problems Using Outlook 1
B BCM shuts down everytime I try to import/export or check for error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
J BCM 2007 Shutting Down Outlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Outlook addin formregion as a drop down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S RE: Template with drop down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B RE: Why does Business Office Contact Manager shut down Outlook? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C Drop Down Box in Email Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Trickle down info from updated Accounts to Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Running Code before Access 2007 closes down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1