Outlook 2010 Outlook not connecting to servers at Comcast.

bugmeso

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Just in the last 2 days my Outlook 2010 connects to my Gmail account and downloads the email but does not connect to the server for 2 email accounts at Comcast. Have talked to the techs at comcast and they nothing on their end. The advised to delete the comcast accounts and reinstall them. Did that and even changed passwords, still not go. comcast says it is something on the Outlook end. Any ideas anyone?

bugmeso

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I do not recall at this time but it referred to ISP server. Worked with them yesterday and this AM and got no where. Called MS and after along time of say "what did you say" is you get the drift. I believe it comes down to the rundll32 file. Trying and reading on how to replace the file that covers so much. Without messing up and having the OS not working at all. I have a MS Office Pro Plus 2013 CD that has been laying around for 8 months but what I read it is a lot different then 2010.

bugmeso

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
FINALLY!!, all is good and working fine. Copied the rundll32.exe to 2 places recommended. Run the Office Pro 2010 CD and set it to repair. Rebooted, and the email accounts went right in. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C connecting to recent outlook file on new hard drive Using Outlook 2
I iPad not connecting correctly to Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
S Connecting to OMA from Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook not connecting to my email/server Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 stopped connecting with Exchange server Using Outlook 1
D 2007 Outlook no longer connecting with AOL account. Help, small business! Using Outlook 1
S Problem connecting to shared calendars from Outlook 2003 Exchange Server Administration 7
D Publisher 2010 (x64) not connecting with Outlook 2010 (x64) via Mail Merge Using Outlook 1
J outlook 2011 for mac not connecting to exchange 2007, previous entourage does & i can ping the serve Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Connector Not Connecting Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2010 Trial Is Up and Now 2007 Address Books Aren't Connecting to Contacts Using Outlook 24
H Outlook Contacts gone after connecting to Server 2008 Using Outlook 1
R Connecting Outlook to Exchange 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook not connecting to exchange server while connected to VPN Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 losing correct logon details when connecting to Exchange 2010. Using Outlook 3
L Outlook not connecting? Both with Domain joined and external machines. Exchange Server Administration 4
G Outlook 2007 defaulting to TCP/IP for connecting to Exchange 2003 on setup Using Outlook 1
F Outlook Connector stuck on "connecting" and does not sync any e-mails Using Outlook 10
K Connecting Outlook Pro 2010 (beta) to Windstream mail Using Outlook 6
C connecting outlook 2007 with my gmail account Using Outlook 2
R OUtlook 2010 not connecting after CASArray configured Exchange Server Administration 15
A Outlook 2010/2007 not connecting to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
J Outlook 2003 IMAP not connecting to server. Local inbox empty. Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 calendar hangs after connecting to internet calendar from office live workspace beta Using Outlook 1
H Very slow response in connecting Outlook with Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 4
K Outlook keep connecting and disconnection randomly. Using Outlook 1
C No Emails after connecting Outlook 2010 to SBS 2003 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2003 Connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2010 unable to open without connecting online. Kept popping up the General Tab to ask me fil Using Outlook 8
S Microsoft Office Outlook Not Connecting to the Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
M Problem connecting Blackberry Desktop Manager to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
C Outlook not connecting after new CAS brought up Exchange Server Administration 2
J Exchange 2010 CAS - Outlook connecting to phantom name Exchange Server Administration 2
W How flaky is Outlook Connector and connecting to Hotmail - error 4202 and others? Using Outlook 8
P I got a new computer and I deactivated and uninstalled programs on old computer and then installed programs on new computer. Outlook not connecting t Using Outlook 2
Q Outlook Connector not connecting to my Hotmail Account Using Outlook 3
A Connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server using Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2007 not connecting Using Outlook 4
M Connecting Outlook 2007/2010 to Exchange (SBS 2003) using Windows 7 Using Outlook 3
T connecting to Microsoft Outlook Web Access Using Outlook 5
D OUTLOOK 2007 - Problem with connecting the Profile Using Outlook 2
T Errors when connecting WSS 3.0 Calendar to Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 not connecting to exchange 2003 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Anywhere not connecting over HTTPS - Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2003SP3 users connecting to Exchange 2010RU3 cannot delete emails Exchange Server Administration 5
G Outlook 2007 not connecting Hotmail account Using Outlook 18
S outlook client is not connecting Using Outlook 3
C Connecting to an addin in Outlook 2010 (or not) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook receives 'Security Certificate is Invalid....' error when connecting to a local Exchange Server Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2010 Certificate Alert when connecting to Exchange 2010 Server Exchange Server Administration 24