Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusDG

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I use BCM with Outlook 2010 for my insurance business. I use an advanced filter for my clients to send them birthday cards. The filter is designed to show me all active clients who have a birthday in the current month. I would like to sort the date column so that the birthdays would be order according to the day of the month. Since they all have different years I haven't been able to figure out how to sort by just the day portion of their birthdate only so they would be listed in ascending order starting with the first of the month so I could just go down the list sequentially as I go through the month to send them birthday cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have this one that uses the pattern - it doesn't sort by date properly because of how numbers-as-text sort when you have 1 and 2 digit numbers.

In order to sort properly, you need a custom field for the month and day, using 2 digits each if using a text field (0831) or as number (831) if using a number field - either way you will need to use a macro to set the field value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
D Question re: Grouping by Due Date vs. Sorting by Due Date Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Sorting and grouping on 2 date fields Using Outlook 1
M 2010: sorting by ORIGINAL send date Using Outlook 1
P Sorting Task List so tasks with no due date end up at the bottom Using Outlook 4
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
P Is there any way of sorting the task list in CALENDAR view? Using Outlook 4
M Sorting messages by read/unread status Using Outlook 8
B How do I REALLY disable Outlook Junk E-mail sorting in OL2010 and/or 2013? Using Outlook 1
M Sorting "sent emails" is not logical. Is there a better way. Using Outlook 4
D Macro for sorting email according to sender and subject Using Outlook 0
S Sorting by combined categories in Outlook Using Outlook 1
R Sorting and crossing over project tasks in project window (BCM 2010) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
A Sorting of existing contact in Outlook 2003 just will not sort Using Outlook 2
Q Sorting tasks by calculated field - automatically update task-fiel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
F Outlook 365 Group INBOX by date but not by date and time Using Outlook 1
S Displaying Date Value In Formula Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
CWM550 Wrong Date Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
S Combination Field (Date Format) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U How can the Received date be edited? Using Outlook 0
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
DDB VBA to Auto Insert Date and Time in the signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
S Change "This Week" flag start date behavior Using Outlook 1
S Archiving and Likely Modified Date Problem Using Outlook 3
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
V 10 Years calenders -single date together Exchange Server Administration 8
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
D Archive by receive date not working Using Outlook 2
V Making a Date field mandatory in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Ctrl Alt d date stamp use Using Outlook 1
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2010 Insert Date & Time at the button of an OL contactform in red Using Outlook 2
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7