Default shape via VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduperosa

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I sent emails very often with images/screenshots where I want to mark something with a shape or arrow. The default rectangle shape of outlook is like this:
1641640718059.png

I would like to have a macro, assigned to keyboard shortcut, that formats the shape to something near this (provided that shape is selected):

1641640797205.png

I know there is the menu when you right-click the shape "Set as default shape", but once a new message is created the chosen default shape is lost.

Thank you all!

That would use word vba code - I don't have any code handy that does it, but there should be some code sample floating around the internet that does it in word - making it work in Outlook won't be difficult. Actually, you could probably record a macro doing it in word... (not all commands can be recorded).

I think you would need to select the image then run the macro to format it - not select a shape. so the macro will be hard coded to use the size of the image.

Found the solution:

Public Sub addShape()
Dim oShp As Word.Shape
Dim oSel As Word.Selection
Dim oWrd As Word.Application

Set oWrd = Application.ActiveInspector.WordEditor.Application
Set oSel = oWrd.Selection
Set oShp = oWrd.ActiveDocument.Shapes.addShape(msoShapeRectangle, getXCoord(oSel), getYCoord(oSel), 50, 25)

With oShp
.Fill.Visible = False
.Line.Visible = True
.Line.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 176, 80)
.Line.Weight = 2.25
End With

Set oShp = Nothing
Set oSel = Nothing
Set oWrd = Nothing
End Sub

Private Function getXCoord(ByVal oSel As Word.Selection) As Double
getXCoord = oSel.Range.Information(wdHorizontalPositionRelativeToPage)

End Function

Private Function getYCoord(ByVal oSel As Word.Selection) As Double
getYCoord = oSel.Range.Information(wdVerticalPositionRelativeToPage)
End Function

References that I added to make it work:

Microsoft Scripting Runtime
Microsof Word 16.0 Object Library

Perfect. It's pretty easy to convert word macros to work on email - DIM and Set the word objects and the necessary references.

It doesn't look like you are using the scripting runtime... does it work without that set.

You are right , just the Microsof Word 16.0 Object Library does the trick. At the end I added a button on the ribbon to run this macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
V Accepted meetings do not get the default reminder Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Accepted Zoom Invites deleting without going into Default Calendar - Office 2016 Mac Using Outlook 3
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
O How come default profile changed? Using Outlook 2
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
T Outlook changes default account Using Outlook 1
P how to remove unwanted PST file default categories assigned to many calendar entries Using Outlook 7
P Reading Pane (Reading Pain?) Default Setting Using Outlook 1
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Making iCloud the default calendar for Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2016: Changing default font for Notes and Reading Pane Using Outlook 4
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
V Changing default date for task follow-up buttons Using Outlook 2
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
V VBA when replying + Default Account Using Outlook 2
P Outlook.com account overrules default account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
P Outlook 2016 Not Default Client Using Outlook 5
D Add all meeting rooms to the meeting request by default Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N How to delete default folder "Contacts" (olFolderContacts) in a .pst file Using Outlook 8
D Default Send Account that Works? Using Outlook 0
T Changing default Mail Account in Outlook 2016 - POP3 Using Outlook 1
J Setting default address book Using Outlook 0
V importing appointments to non-default calendar? Using Outlook 1
H Change Default Email Account Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Change default colors for conditional formatting Using Outlook 2
S Default Font in body of Task Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account Using Outlook 0