What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

OS Version(s)
  1. Windows
Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Outlook filters aren't very effective because spammers (the ones who target me at least) keep changing accounts or other details. Not surprisingly, they have gotten very good at evading Outlook filters. Most recently I tried logging into my ISP's email (Comcast) and ID'ing messages as spam. That doesn't seem to do much good, so I just don't know what to do.

I am entirely open to a paid third-party product, IF it works well and has some smarts.

The problem with filters is there tendency of "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". I have my Outlook junk-mail filtering set to not automatically detect junk-mail, but it does so anyway. Coincidetlally, I just got mail filtered into my "Spam" folder from a sender's domain that I explicitly stated "Never Block Sender's Domain" earlier today. I do find the "Create Rule" function useful if a sender persists in emailing me spam. That is, email from the offending senders gets permanently deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LeeDock Office 365 Personal Backup strategy Using Outlook 1
D What would be the best strategy? Using Outlook 3
P dealing with SPAM in 2023 Using Outlook 7
O New to Outlook 2013, dealing with copying vs. moving sent items Using Outlook 0
P UserProperty of mail object problem while dealing with custom fold Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Script for simplifying spam control Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Outlook 365 Hey Diane! MS 365 Biz Standard and "Potential Spam" addressed to others coming to my JUNK folder? Using Outlook 2
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
Witzker Spam Fighting Solution For 3 Synced Outlooks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Can I create a local PST file for SPAM on a drive that is usually disconnected? Using Outlook 3
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
CWM550 OL Spam hold Using Outlook 4
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
P Disable Spam Notifications & Sounds Using Outlook 3
V Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
O Outlook Web Access - how to disable spam filter Using Outlook 6
M godaddy says my outlook's sending spam. Using Outlook 4
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Outlook Add-on for Exchange Spam Management? Exchange Server Administration 2
J [SPAM?] Using Outlook 4
David French Mass e-mail avoiding SPAM Using Outlook 1
Paul Van Cotthem Is calendar synchronization between Office 2013 and Outlook.com capped by spam or bandwidth limits? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
T How to send to spam/delete emails with specific heading? Using Outlook 3
R Organising Spam Using Outlook 1
A VBA Script to Forward Spam to AntiSpam Provider Using "Blank" Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Outlook Changing Sent Message Headings to SPAM =?UTF-8?B?4Liq4Lij4LmJ4L Using Outlook 1
M No More Spam Mail Using Outlook 1
G why are my mails getting marked as spam? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1