[SOLVED] Outlook-Hotmail Birthday Calendar changed by one day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Tate

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
I have recently purchased a new PC with Windows 7 / Office 2010. I set up Outlook to link with my Hotmail account and eventually got all my calendars set up the way I wanted them. I have just discovered that all of my birthdays have shifted forward by one day - this has happened in both birthday calendars and in the contact information in both Outlook and Hotmail.

I have seen similar posts that suggested the problem might be with timezone and DST settings and have checked these. I live near Brisbane Australia which does not observe DST (and therefore I do not get the option of selecting automatic DST adjustment) and wonder whether this might be the cause of the problem.

Would really appreciate a solution - or at least a work-around.

Thanks in advance, Paul

As long as you have the correct time zone settings for your time zone, the times wouldn't change UNLESS you changed the time zone on the computer - syncing to phones etc that have a different time zone can also cause problems. Did you verify the account online is using the correct time zone?

Are they off an by whole hours or a full day? I've heard reports that hotmail doesn't handle time zone issues for all day events as well as outlook does and it moves them a full day. (not that outlook does very good :)).

Were the events created in outlook or hotmail? Outloko 2010 doesn't set a time zone on all day events so they should float better - but i don't know how hotmail handles these events.

Thanks for the response Larry. I think your comment about syncing to phones might be on the right track, although my iPhone is set to the right zone. I have set up a few tests to check the hypothesis.

Problem was with iPhone sync vai iTunes. Have solved by sync'ing iPhone via Active Sync instead.

While i happen to think ActiveSync is the best way to sync iphones with hotmail accounts, for those who (for whatever reason) want to use itunes to sync, the newest Outlook Hotmail Connector supposedly solves the birthday date problem.

I am having this problem also. In hotmail calendar, my birthdays are correct. However, I wanted to be notified 12 hours before the birthday as a reminder. The sync changed the birthdays to the day before the actual birthday. Is there an ETA on the fix?

Thanks,

Danielle

Anderson, IN

The first should be soon, if not out already. Are you using RTM or the Preview? RTM is now available in the 365 trial. (link in my signature)

So the reminder is what changed how it displayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
J Accessing Hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
V Hotmail account on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Can't login to Hotmail account to use Outlook Using Outlook 2
K Outlook(hotmail)Yahoo problem Using Outlook 6
B Outlook.com (formerly hotmail.com) and sending meeting invitations Using Outlook 1
R Cannot Synchronize Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P Outlook - Hotmail/Outlook.com issue Using Outlook 3
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
V Outlook 2013 and Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Missing Folders From Hotmail Account which are in my PC Outlook 2013 PST file Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
A Disable hotmail from Outlook email account Using Outlook 1
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
S Outlook doesn't download all hotmail emails on Vista Using Outlook 2
H Hotmail set not to delete from other accounts, but did. Settings in Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B Outlook 2003 can't sign in to my Hotmail account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L remove a hotmail account from Outlook 2007 running on Vista home premium Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
D outlook to save copy of hotmail? Using Outlook 3
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
C outlook hotmail connector update killed my outlook - please help!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Outlook reports Error 4203 when Hotmail Connector syncs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Missing/Blank Hotmail Emails from Outlook but appear in hotmail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Setting Hotmail Junk Mail Settings from Outlook Doesn't Work Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
H Outlook 2007 Dropped Hotmail Account Using Outlook 4
W Why use Outlook Connecter now that Hotmail supports POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Distribution list does not sync from Outlook to hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Hotmail Folders in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
J How do I import MSN Hotmail Calendar into Microsoft Outlook? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Syncing Hotmail Calendar to Outlook 2003 (SP3) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Y messages deleted in Outlook 2007 not uploading changes to hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Z How to move Hotmail folders to Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 6
S Connect Outlook Calendar with Hotmail Calendar Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2