Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts” to Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts to Outlook 2010

Dear Experts

I tried to export AutoComplete Contacts from an old PC that has windows XP / Outlook 2007

to a new PC that has windows 7 / outlook 2010, but it seems I couldn't get it work.

I followed instructions in the links below

http://www.mockbox.net/office-2010/...to-complete-from-outlook-2007-to-outlook-2010

http://blog.nektra.com/main/2010/05...tlook-2003-or-2007-to-microsoft-outlook-2010/

http://teh-geek.com/?p=576

On new PC Outlook 2010 profile name is : Test not Outlook

On new PC Outlook 2010 Data file name is : outlook.pst

location for this data file is

C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Name of the autocomplete file on old PC is Outlook.NK2

On the new PC I renamed it to Test.NK2 to match the Outlook 2010 profile name.

I located it in this path :

C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

I don't what I am missing ??

On the new computer why does the path for the outlook 2010 profile is different from the path of Test.NK2 ??

Thanks

Re: Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts to Outlook 2010

Those articles are wrong. The path is not correct - it needs to be in the local folder on the new computer too.

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook

I should clarify, the NK2 is in the roaming folder, the new autocomplete cache is in the local path.

The NK2 needs to be in %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and it needs to be named the same as your profile.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980542/ for a Mr Fix it that can import it for you.

Hi Diane

I did try that and it didn't work as well

Try the fix it on the Microsoft page - if that fails, then the problem is something else.

I should clarify, the NK2 is in the roaming folder, the new autocomplete cache is in the local path.

The NK2 needs to be in %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and it needs to be named the same as your profile.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980542

To import .nk2 files into Outlook 2010, follow these steps: Make sure that the .nk2 file is in the following folder: %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook

Although the link above mentioned the path for .NK2 file should be : %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook ,,,but when I watched the video in the same link it showed this path %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook,,,,,I feel there is contradiction between what have been written and what is in the video !!! Can you clarify

Thanks

%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook is a shortcut for the path, using system variables (%appdata%). If you paste it in the address bar of windows explorer and press enter, you'll jump to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook is a shortcut for the path, using system variables (%appdata%). If you paste it in the address bar of windows explorer and press enter, you'll jump to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

Noted thanks

Try the fix it on the Microsoft page

I will and see how it goes

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Outlook 2007 Copy Email Address in To Field Using Outlook 11
L Outlook 2007 Copy Text Field Using Outlook 8
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
geofferyh Outlook 2010 How to Copy Outlook Attachment to a Specific Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
A Outlook: copy & paste Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
joflo copy contents from outlook to excell - please help. Using Outlook 4
G outlook 13 copy & paste without losing formatting Using Outlook 1
A Macro to Copy Data from Outlook to Excel Spreadsheet Using Outlook 2
B Outlook being closed causing problems during copy to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Mary B Outlook 2013: Rule for copying new email to folder & marking that copy as read Using Outlook 1
R Copy/paste mailing address Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 6
Vijay Kumar Copy tables from outlook to excel Using Outlook 12
Aussie Looking for Outlook macro to Copy Recipient Names into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Copy email address from outlook 2013/2010 Using Outlook 1
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Cannot copy outlook form to mailbox of exchange 2k13 user Exchange Server Administration 1
J Copy emails from a dead Outlook 2010 account Using Outlook 1
N Restoring Outlook Calendar after iCloud copy Using Outlook 1
W Copy individual file folders in Outlook 2010 PST to a My Documents folder Using Outlook 4
C outlook 2003 always not remove temp copy of opened attachments in temporary fo Using Outlook 4
D outlook to save copy of hotmail? Using Outlook 3
N error when copying outlook data "can not copy: the path too deep" Using Outlook 6
P Outlook looking for Copy of Outlook.pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3