reminder for assigned tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Suhail

When I assign tasks to users, the reminder option automatically gets disabled. Even if I set the reminder and then assign the task, Outlook disables the reminder when i sent the assigned task as I am no longer the owner of the task.

Here's my question, can I set a reminder for an assigned task that would pop-up on both my screen and the asignee's at the scheduled time?

S

suhail

I know that feature.. but I was wondering if I could set a reminder using a macro or by re-designing the form.. A microsoft add-in is available for sale (public reminders) but I was hoping there was a way I could do it for free

;-).

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
public reminder (and reminder manager) fire reminders from non-default folders - they don't set reminders on items that don't have them. AFAIk you can't redesign the assign tasks form to add a reminder. You could use VBA to copy the assigned task as a task that has a reminder.

sunk818

Do you think there is a way to set up a rule to add a reminder to a task as it is being received by my Outlook client?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is it a task request? You can set a flag on messages and that can set a reminder. I don't know if it will work with Task requests, but if not, run a script rule should be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.