Drag and Drop mails from Outlook to Clarion6 Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter

I have been looking on the internet to solve my drag and drop problem.

We have a Clarion Winapp application build in Clarion6 (win32). It is partly

programmed in ABC and partly still in legacy.

We are able to drag and drop any file from the windows desktop or file

explorer, including msg files. Our users would like drag and drop mails

directly from outlook to our Clarion app. As you might know, this does not

work without extra coding.

Who can help?
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Whe nyou drag a message from Outlook, you get multiple drag/drop formats,

one of them will be the regular file, which is just an MSG file.

You can open an MSG file using RDOsession.GetMessageFromMsgFile in

Redemption

You can also cheat my assuming that for a message to be dragged from

Outlook, it needs to be selected first, which means you can use the

Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection collection.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Peter" <Peter> wrote in message

news:1090B6B7-A300-4713-BCBA-540CB8570591@microsoft.com...
> I have been looking on the internet to solve my drag and drop problem.
> We have a Clarion Winapp application build in Clarion6 (win32). It is
> partly
> programmed in ABC and partly still in legacy.
> We are able to drag and drop any file from the windows desktop or file
> explorer, including msg files. Our users would like drag and drop mails
> directly from outlook to our Clarion app. As you might know, this does not
> work without extra coding.

> Who can help?
>
 
P

Peter

Dmitry,

I am not sure what to do with your answer:

# Does it mean we need to use the Outlook Redemption functions?

# Can it be done without Redemption?

# It does not addres our specific Clarion question on drag and drop.

Hopefully you are able to provide more info.

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:


> Whe nyou drag a message from Outlook, you get multiple drag/drop formats,
> one of them will be the regular file, which is just an MSG file.
> You can open an MSG file using RDOsession.GetMessageFromMsgFile in
> Redemption
> You can also cheat my assuming that for a message to be dragged from
> Outlook, it needs to be selected first, which means you can use the
> Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection collection.

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>

>

>
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

See below

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Peter" <Peter> wrote in message

news:462EA80E-1D5D-4760-ACF8-A2D6B0DAF54F@microsoft.com...
> Dmitry,
> I am not sure what to do with your answer:
> # Does it mean we need to use the Outlook Redemption functions?


No.


> # Can it be done without Redemption?


Yes. You would need to read the MSG file contents or use the

Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection trick


> # It does not addres our specific Clarion question on drag and drop.


I know nothing about Clarion, sorry. But I can answer Outlook specific

questions.



> Hopefully you are able to provide more info.

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
> > Whe nyou drag a message from Outlook, you get multiple drag/drop formats,
> > one of them will be the regular file, which is just an MSG file.
> > You can open an MSG file using RDOsession.GetMessageFromMsgFile in
> > Redemption
> > You can also cheat my assuming that for a message to be dragged from
> > Outlook, it needs to be selected first, which means you can use the
> > Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection collection.
>

>> > > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >

> >

> >
 
P

Peter van de Kragt

Dmitry,

let me rephrase the question a little bit.

Do you know of any DLL's that are able to export the selected mail in

Outlook in MSG format in a directory of choice?

That way we can turn the proces around:
> Firstly select the mail in Outlook.
> Secondly start a funtion in Clarion to export the mail to a certain
> directory and after that link it into the clarion application.


Peter
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

If you can access the Outlook Object Model in Clarion, you shoudl be able to

loop through the items in the Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection

collection and call SaveAs for each item.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"Peter van de Kragt" <peter@Bentis.local> wrote in message

news:61912F40-34D4-45AA-B14F-6334DD2ED7F3@microsoft.com...
> Dmitry,
> let me rephrase the question a little bit.
> Do you know of any DLL's that are able to export the selected mail in
> Outlook in MSG format in a directory of choice?
> That way we can turn the proces around:
> > Firstly select the mail in Outlook.
> > Secondly start a funtion in Clarion to export the mail to a certain
> > directory and after that link it into the clarion application.


> Peter
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top