-> [O2007]: get the message HTML original source code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve JORDI

Hi,

I'm programming an AddIn in which I need to work on the orginial HTML

code of a received message.

I can't find a way to get the original html source, not the body as it

appears in Outlook...

Any hint?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)

----------------1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com

Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com

----------------Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes

MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

------------------------------------------------
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Take a look at the HTMLBody property.

Sue Mosher

"Steve JORDI" <stevejordiK__I_L_LSP_AM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:a609k5950vcs2tn7jqfio73fdp1eii4m4f@4ax.com...
> Hi,
> I'm programming an AddIn in which I need to work on the orginial HTML
> code of a received message.

> I can't find a way to get the original html source, not the body as it
> appears in Outlook...

> Any hint?

> Thanks for any help.

> Sincerely,
> Steve JORDI

> (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)
> ----------------------------------------------> 1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com
> Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
> ----------------------------------------------> Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
> MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com
> ------------------------------------------------
 
S

Steve JORDI

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:25 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP]"

<suemvp@gmail.com> wrote:


> Take a look at the HTMLBody property.


Hi Sue,

thanks, that's what I did and why I asked.

It doesn't give me the full HTML body.

On my desktop I get only the text and on my laptop HTML code but it

looks like it's not the actual real HTML. Elements are missing from

the source code sent from another email.

Strange.

I wonder whether the fact that Word is used as the under-layer and

changes the real HTML into a MS Word kind of HTML flavor instead.

Sincerely,

Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)

----------------1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com

Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com

----------------Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes

MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

------------------------------------------------
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Without knowing what you mean by "the actual real HTML" or missing elements,

I can only guess that your issue might be related to the HTML-rendering

changes made in Outlook 2007 and documented at

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/aa....microsoft.com/en-us/aa338201(office.12).aspx.

Sue Mosher

"Steve JORDI" <stevejordiK__I_L_LSP_AM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:07abk5lkcba10gkekm8qpvnlqrq964kk0r@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:06:25 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP]"
>
> >Take a look at the HTMLBody property.


> Hi Sue,
> thanks, that's what I did and why I asked.
> It doesn't give me the full HTML body.
> On my desktop I get only the text and on my laptop HTML code but it
> looks like it's not the actual real HTML. Elements are missing from
> the source code sent from another email.

> Strange.
> I wonder whether the fact that Word is used as the under-layer and
> changes the real HTML into a MS Word kind of HTML flavor instead.


------------------------------------------------
 
S

Steve JORDI

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:00:27 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP]"

<suemvp@gmail.com> wrote:


> Without knowing what you mean by "the actual real HTML" or missing elements,
> I can only guess that your issue might be related to the HTML-rendering
> changes made in Outlook 2007 and documented at
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/aa....microsoft.com/en-us/aa338201(office.12).aspx.


Yes I think it's this.

But some message, I lose full formatting, even basic one like font

color or bold and get only plain text when the message is in HTML.

I'll investigate this further.

Sincerely,

Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)

----------------1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com

Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com

----------------Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes

MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

------------------------------------------------
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Messages in the Junk Email folder will display only plain text.

Sue Mosher

"Steve JORDI" <stevejordiK__I_L_LSP_AM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:p38ck5113lc28v079nfbovi9kld8t3k61a@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:00:27 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP]"
> <suemvp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Without knowing what you mean by "the actual real HTML" or missing
> >elements,
> >I can only guess that your issue might be related to the HTML-rendering
> >changes made in Outlook 2007 and documented at
> >http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/aa....microsoft.com/en-us/aa338201(office.12).aspx.


> Yes I think it's this.
> But some message, I lose full formatting, even basic one like font
> color or bold and get only plain text when the message is in HTML.
>
 
S

Steve JORDI

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:18:56 -0500, "Sue Mosher [MVP]"

<suemvp@gmail.com> wrote:


> Messages in the Junk Email folder will display only plain text.


That's good to know. But it's messages in the Inbox.

I think I will reinstall Outlook 2007 because they seem ok on my

laptop but definitely not on my desktop!

Sincerely,

Steve JORDI

(Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address)

----------------1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiK_I_L_LSPAM@hotmail.com

Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com

----------------Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes

MovieDB at www.sjmoviedb.com

------------------------------------------------
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S [O2007] -> How to search for a string in the body and get the line number? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S ->[O2007] Any way to know the Plain Text Wrap limit? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S ->[O2007] Parsing each line of a MailItem HTMLBody? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Cathy Rhone The properties of the message have been changed Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2016 A Shortcut to recall and delete and sent message. Using Outlook 1
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2016 Message-ID oddity/inconsistency? Using Outlook 7
J Implement Keywords based on body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C must select message to trigger safe list Using Outlook 3
witzker HowTo Change message Class of contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D.Moore VB script to Digitaly Sign newly created outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O VBA Outlook Message Attachment - Array Index Out of Bounds Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
A Flag Message for Follow Up after sending Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Why won't Title display in message list? Using Outlook 1
icacream content in this message could not be downloaded.... Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
R Warn before sending message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V Change start time based on message duration Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Create A Search Folder That Looks For Message Class? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M VBA to auto forward message with new subject and body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
C Custom Form (seperate layout pages and message reading pane) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
BretAB Is it possible to add a lookup field to a Message form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Unopened message in inbox deleted and not in deleted items Using Outlook 3
T Change the selected Message in the Outlook window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
W Message class changes of a custom form changes to the default form Using Outlook 2
evdbogaard Reply with only last message cited Using Outlook 1
T O365 and Office Message Encryption Exchange Server Administration 2
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
D Outlook Message Window Changes Size and Position Using Outlook 1
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Call a Public Sub when a Flag is clicked on in the Message Preview pane Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Message List Font Changed Using Outlook 6
I Automating message move between folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outbox Message Stuck after reading some MailItem Properties with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a way to add something that is in the "Format Text" tab to the "basic Text" on the message tab Using Outlook 1
R VBA macro - new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
B Search: Cannot find which Folder Contains a Message Using Outlook 3

Similar threads

Top