unknown error 0x80040119

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Henderson

I have a user who receives 'unknown error 0x80040119' when she sends/receives on Outlook 2007. She is still able to both send and receive messages but the error appears each time she presses the send/receive within Outlook. Office Outlook Version is 12.06425.1000. Office has Service Pack 2 installed. The full error message reads "Outlook Send/Receive Progress, !Task 'her email address - Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80040119): unknown error 0x80040119". I have read the article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/814441 which appears to address this issue. The article asks me to run Inbox Repair Tool on the PST folder but as there are no PST folders on my users hard drive, I cannot see how this article can apply.

More details: my user is on XP Service Pack 3 and is within a Domain. User profiles are roaming and are stored on a central file server. My user is able to save messages, contacts and calendar details without any problem.

When my user accesses the same email account using Outlook Web Access from outside the Intranet, the error does not occur.

However, when my user accesses the mail account using Outlook within the domain, the error does occur, regardless of which machine she uses.

Try disabling the cached mode and offline files and see if that makes a difference.Raj

does this happen for only one user or multiple users? do you see any errors in the application log on the exchange server this user's mailbox is on? if there are any errors, paste them here.

Hi,

What's the version of the Exchange server? Please check whether the error 0x80040119 is caused by downloading OAB.

You can only download Address Book under Sender/Receive to narrow down this issue.

Thanks

Allen

Hello, 

Try also to look at the application log on the server to check for any relevent errors that might be related. One such error might be event 111 from EXOLDB which is ussualy logged if the Offline Address Book entry is missing in the ESM from the database which hosts that user.

Hope it helps, 

Mihai
http://blogs.technet.com/ehlro/

Hi Raynish
Cached mode and offline files are already disabled. This user's Outlook runs completely from Exchange Server.

This happens for only one user. All other users are unaffected. There are no errors that I can identify.

Sorry, Allen. I don't understand your question.

thanks

peter

Hi Mihai
No, there is no event 111 listed anywhere in the event viewer on the server that hosts the mailbox.

thanks

peter

Hi,

I understand that only one user using Outlook had this issue.

Now I suggest we check this issue in Safe Mode.

1, Click Start, click Run, input Outlook /safe and press Enter.

What's the result?

Thanks

Allen

thank you everyone for helping me. I resolved the 0x80040119 error by creating a new Outlook profile, checking that it worked without the error, then deleting the old Outlook profile. I did all this while logged on as the user who had the error message. I got this solution (and a number of other solutions which i didn't have to try) from a website called 'The AdminMail'. Extremely helpful and useful. This website suggested 0x80040119 is always about synchronisation of Outlook and offered ways to overcome the problem when it affected one, several or hundreds of users.

thanks again.

peter

I want to thank everyone again. On reflection, although the solution didn't come from this forum, it provided the logical pathway I needed to resolve the issue and I am grateful to Microsoft for providing this stucture.

thanks

Peter

Hi Richard

I used the very first solution - creating a new Outlook profile, checking to see the new profile worked and then deleting the old one.

Enjoy!

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter,

Perfect, thank you very much.

Have a good weekend,

Richard

Resolve Unknown Errors- 0x80040119 and 0x80040600 Now days Outlook become one of the most popular and widely used email client in offices and homes. It stores messages, contacts, appointments, task, journals and etc in Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) folders. MAPI can be stored in personal folders (.pst) file or mailbox that is located on the server.

Although outlook is safe and secure but sometimes it also creates problem. When you try to read the email or click to send or receive messages you may encounter with errors.

An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040119

An unknown error has occurred. 0x80040600

Even if you are not able to delete that message. When you try to delete it you get an error message that messaging interface has caused an unknown error.

Resolution:

Inbox Repair Tool

To resolve the error find the outlook pst file. Go to the control panel home view then click user accounts and family safety. If you do not able to see control panel home view then click on mail then data files then personal folder, and then click settings. Note the text in the filename box and the path. Enter the name of file you want to scan, type the path and pst file name the Inbox repair tool. Then start the operation and repair your file.

Sometimes problem is so severe that even if you are not able to solve it by Inbox repair tool. Then you can recover it by the help of PST Recovery software. These are specially design software that helps you to restore all of your corrupted outlook pst file.

Stellar Phoenix Outlook Pst Repair software is an extremely powerful and very easy to use outlook recovery tool. It repairs all of your outlook elements including emails, notes, contacts, journal, calendar and other personal folders. This software uses advanced and powerful scanning algorithms to repair and restore the corrupted or damaged outlook files.

For more: PST Recovery Software

Well, to fix the error make use of the built in repair tool Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool) this will help you to repair the unknown error 0x80040119, this will help you to fix the error. Also do check for the virus or malware as this damaged the Outlook database and in this case it start delivering error.

Status
Not open for further replies.