Status
Not open for further replies.

KulaKat

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

Just found this site and I really appreciate it, I've had Outlook issues in the past and never really found answers.

Current issue is that I can't receive my mail because my file is too big, so I googled and found you guys and found the perfect solution "Convert an ANSI PST to a UNICODE PST"

I followed the directions with no problem until I got to the IMPORT, it was fine till after I chose my file to be imported, the options to "replace duplicate, allow dup, or do not import dup" came up and I tried replace, then allow, anyway the next thing that happens is I get the message "this outlook data file (pst.) is already in use in the current profile" so I know I did something wrong.

I have Outlook 2010 32bit. Any suggestions???????

Thanks so much :)

Try this: go to File, Account Settings, Data file. Do you have the old data and the new one listed? Select the old one and click the remove button. Now try importing.

Thanks for the help. Before going so far as to delete it, I just made the new one as default and changed my default email to go to the new one. I got the message about calendars, etc being connected to the default, so I decided to check out my calendar because it's hooked into icloud, and it was heck to get working properly. Everything was different and I don't have the expertise or the courage to go through that again.

Maybe I'll just start deleting messages to free up space....:( When I have time, I'll search the forums for icloud issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Trouble with server names Using Outlook 1
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Trouble with Office 365/2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
B Trouble Starting Outlook 2010 after Crash Using Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
K New to BCM - trouble importing contacts & accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
M Trouble Importing folders from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 12
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 - trouble with alphabetizing when titles are used (ie - Mr.) Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
T Trouble with creating database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M having trouble importing excel data into outlook contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Trouble using SaveAs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M trouble connection to remote database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
G [Help] Converting array to destination folder path Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Converting OST to PST File Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2016 - converting Word VBA to default Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Converting from Outlook Express to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
M Converting from POP to IMAP with Comcast Using Outlook 5
A Converting POP3 Accounts to Exchange Using Outlook 1
A docmessageclass, not every contact converting Using Outlook 18
S Converting outlook 2010 pop account and folders to imap with gmail Using Outlook 1
H Converting an old Microsoft Outlook PST to a new Unicode PST Using Outlook 0
J bug in converting eml files of wlm on import to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
C Problem while converting GAL entries to contacts in Outlook Cont Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Converting Attachement into Link. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Converting users with BCM in OL2003 to RPC over HTTP BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Jennifer Murphy How to Copy Categories from the Old ANSI PST to the New Unicode PST? Using Outlook 4
Jennifer Murphy Questions about ANSI-Unicode PST conversion article Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7