Can you have Outlook automatically accept Tasks for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capctycr

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I there a way when a task is sent to you that you can automatically accept it if you are not at your desk but outlook is running? When using an ipad I am missing tasks being sent to me when I am not in the office. Task do not show up as email on the ipad. If I have a task that I have accepted it will show up in my task list but not ones that I have not accepted yet.

There is a not a native feature, but if Outlook is running 24/7, you could use VBA. It's also possible to use a script to process the requests every few hours or days, using Task Scheduler, assuming you have permissions to configure scripts in Scheduled Tasks. I have a code sample here, I just need to test it.

I do have permissions in scripts. I would like to have it check every hour or less. Thanks would be great. Thanks!

Hello - I have the same need to auto accept tasks that are assigned to me. I do have the permissions to run VB script. Could I get a copy of the script mentioned above by Diane Poremsky? thank you!

The code sample I was referring to isn't working. I'll see if I can find one that works.

The code sample I was referring to isn't working. I'll see if I can find one that works.
Thank you Diane, for looking into this! We're a small business and we'd like to implement this script for 5 employees. We assign tasks all day long, and don't want employees to have to "accept" each task via email. We'd much prefer that the task just show up on everyone's task list. We have some technical expertise here, so hopefully we can implement your concept without too much trouble. Thanks again, Tami

If you don't need Assigned tasks and "normal" tasks will do, you can open the task folder and create them right on the task list if you have the right permissions with Exchange mailboxes.

If you don't need Assigned tasks and "normal" tasks will do, you can open the task folder and create them right on the task list if you have the right permissions with Exchange mailboxes.

Thank you - that's a good thought. We'd like to use the "assigned task" functionality of possible (progress reports, assigning to more than 1 person, etc). But if can't figure out how to automatically accept tasks, we may revisit your idea of just opening up permissions to all the task folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Z Automatically adjust Outlook Reading Pane from bottom to right depending on portrait or landscape window Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2016 automatically increment anniversaries Using Outlook 1
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
N how to sync automatically when outlook opens Using Outlook 10
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Outlook 2016 Rules Not Working Automatically Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 emails do not refresh automatically Exchange Server Administration 1
Angger Microsoft Outlook 2010 Automatically Restarting Using Outlook 2
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
I Automatically updates outlook 2011 address book Using Outlook 1
D Printing Attachments Automatically in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 - Reading Pane Automatically Downloads First/Topmost Message Using Outlook 4
J Email won't send Automatically in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
W Change Template Recipient Automatically - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
A How to move responded emaisl automatically to sub folders in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
J outlook rule doesn't run automatically Using Outlook 0
E Automatically move to other Folder from Inbox when mail comes - MS Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 not automatically receiving emails into the inbox Using Outlook 3
J Outlook Invites automatically adding 'Required Attendees' Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Not Recieiving Emails Automatically, Have tohit Send / Recieve Using Outlook 1
S Outlook automatically reads messages that I have not even seen yet Using Outlook 7
N How to automatically update all fields in an Outlook message template (OFT)? Using Outlook 9
C Outlook Automatically Change "From" address based on "To" address Using Outlook 4
L Anyway to Display entire category list in Outlook 2007 automatically? Using Outlook 1
C Refresh IMAP folder list automatically OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2007 with BCM - Tasks being created automatically BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Outlook 2003 - automatically deleting inbox msg after reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook rules not running automatically Using Outlook 11
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5