Contact View Spaced Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benbuck

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
or may be I am. I installed Outlook 2010 a few days ago and the install was flawless. Today I looked in contacts and tried a different view (don't mess if it is working!) when I went back to the business card view which is most efficent for me, there was a huge space between the field labels and the contact data. Anyone know how to get rid of the space created between fields and data? Example:

Correct:

Name: Tom Smith

Current View as it is now:

Name: ..................Tom Smith (without the periods)

Results in a lot less contacts per page when viewing. The individual contacts are spaceded correctly as say in a vcard.

Thanks,

Benbuck

did you customize the card? I've seen stuff like that when customizing. Otherwise, check your contact and make sure that there are no spaces in the contact - I've never seen more than 1 leading space in a contact though.

Diane,

Thanks for your reply. Didn't do customization or change anything to my knowledge even did a system restore but that didn't change it to the correct settings as it was. I would post a screen shot but don't want my contact data posted and I think you understand what Iam trying to say anyway? As I said when viewing individual contacts they are all spaced properly.

We take down stuff with personal information in it...but I think rather than a screen shot, one of the bad contacts might be more useful. If you don't mind me seeing it, forward one to diane at slipstick You may need to double click on the address and set it for always use RTF so I get it in outlook contact format.

Remember individuals look ok but the group view is spaced out. Want me to send one anyway?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
M contact marked as completed in phone view but not when opened Using Outlook 2
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
R Contact Folders dissapeared under People view Using Outlook 2
Paul Van Cotthem Outlook 2013 contact picture only visible in "People" view Using Outlook 4
A Organize by timezone in contact view Using Outlook 1
T Cannot view main tab of contact custom form BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D Contact there but not in list view ?? Using Outlook 2
cimbian Changing default contact view Using Outlook 2
S CHANGE DEFAULT VIEW FOR CONTACT (People) SEARCH - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 contact view keeps resetting Using Outlook 1
C Contact Custom Form - Category View Using Outlook 3
P Can data from Social Connectors be displayed in a Contact List View? Using Outlook 2
J View the date a contact was created Using Outlook 7
C placing contact and business phone column in task view Using Outlook 1
L cant view the history section in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Cannot view history for a contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E How to create a time based view like in Business Contact Manager Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S How to add icon(or picture) field for each contact in contacts view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Customize current view (in Account List) Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Account view display narrowed, contact names hidden BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1