how to add country code to contacts automatically

brhooma

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
In Outlook I have a variety of contacts, some with emails, some with mobile numbers, some with landlines...

Most have got an area code with the leading zero on them, which should ideally be replaced with the default country code, e.g. +1 or +44.

How can I replace the zero with country code automatically, since I have about 1,000 contacts?

regards.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Will they all have the same country code? If not, it makes it hard to automate any thing... you can enable incell editing s you don't have to open the contacts. You can also export to Excel and make the change there, but unless all use the same code, you won't be able to use search and replace.

brhooma

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
yeah they all have the same country code, can u give me a brief description about how to do it, i'm a beginner in outlook :)

brhooma

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I managed to edit the numbers in excel, but now when i import them back, outlook automatically delete the + sign.

how can i stop outlook from deleting the sign ?.

Forum Admin

I don't think you can stop it, but I'll see if I can find a macro that will touch the number field so its added back.

brhooma

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I added '+ in excel and imported back, worked as charm.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I was going to suggest that, but thought that it would convert the number to a string, rendering it unusable in the dialer. (And was too lazy to test it. :)

Shriram Jayaraman

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Hi Dianne! I was as puzzled as brhooma when Outlook was deleting the + sign that I had carefully added onto my records (850+ of them)... :( The trick of uploading it twice worked ;) Stupid computer.... Upload it once, the + sign doesn't show. Upload the same excel again, it appends the much wanted + to all contacts..... The plus sign is such an important thing when you are using Whatsapp you see ;)