Reminder default time not going through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I have a 2 hour default reminder time set up in the Outlook calendar. When I invite attendees into a calendar appointment, the reminder time defaults to 15 mins for all attendees, but still stays 2 hours on my PC.

Tried creating a new profile but the same thing happened. However, if I send the appointment from OWA, it works fine, all attendees get a 2 hour reminder time.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Actually, I'd say that Outlook works correctly - the meeting should use their default reminder settings, not yours. :) I'm not sure why it works differently in owa, it shouldn't. I'll see what i can find out.

Hey Diane,

This sounds bizarre. I've tested from two different computers both with Outlook 2010. If I manually change the reminder time on the appointment, that reminder time is sent through successfully to the attendees. If I leave it as the default, it is sent through as 15 minutes for all attendees, even if the default is set to 2 hours or so on my client.

Are you sure it's "sent" as 15 minutes and not set as 15 minutes when received?

The reasoning behind using the recipients default reminder is that what 'works' for the organizer may not be the desired reminder time for the recipient. There are some bugs in the process - one is that when no reminder is set, the recipients get a 15 min reminder. Meeting Reminders are Set for the Recipient - Slipstick Systems

The reminder is sent as 2 hours, and shows as 2 hours in my Outlook client. However, the reminder defaults to 15 mins for all attendees on their clients.

This definitely doesn't happen when the appointment is sent through OWA (2010), where the reminder time set by the original sender is retained for all attendees, despite the reminder settings the attendees may have configured on their client.

I'll look into it because it shouldn't work like that. Do you know if the server has all the latest updates/RU?

No, it hasn't. There are still issues with reminders. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Accepted meetings do not get the default reminder Using Outlook 0
A iCloud add-on for Outlook: Reminder for new appointment is set to 'None' by default. How to change? Using Outlook 6
C Change default reminder time for contacts Using Outlook 2
T Changing default reminder time for all day events - additional help needed Using Outlook 1
H Where does Outlook 2007 save the default reminder settings? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to have a reminder in Outlook 2021 for every 90 days Using Outlook 3
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
A Reminder duplication Outlook and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
FryW Need help modifying a VBA script for in coming emails to auto set custom reminder time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Command Button_Click action on Item/Reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Arggh, weakness of reminder for every Task recurrence Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook 365 delete reminder you can’t make change to contents of this-read only folder Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010 Using Outlook 8
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can you set reminder to specific times? Using Outlook 7
A End-time meeting reminder (or "negative" time relative to the meeting start time) Using Outlook 1
M VBA to send reminder email if no response Using Outlook 13
B Change font of reminder of an email header Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
O Reminder due end of August is showing up now Using Outlook 2
Witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
L Calender reminder emails Using Outlook 3
S Reminder Dialog Open Button Using Outlook 2
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2013 changing iCloud reminder time? Using Outlook 0
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
L set task reminder date to same as start date (without affecting due date) Using Outlook 0
H send reminder if no reply received on first or original email using macro Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Open a Webpage When a Task Reminder Fires Using Outlook 0
L Fake reminder apperaring (not in calendar) - how to remove? Using Outlook 5
M Messages in Outbox reminder is wrong Using Outlook 4
C Reminder for single-click appointment Using Outlook 2
M Send an Email When a Reminder Fires Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When a Reminder Fires Using Outlook 0
A reminder for every 15 working days Using Outlook 11
Diane Poremsky Setting Custom Reminder Times Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Receive a Reminder When a Message Doesn't Arrive? Using Outlook 10
F e-mail reminder for shared calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K VBA - Prompt for reminder date time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Have Rule or Quick Step PROMPT for custom FLAG Due/Reminder date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
rc4524 Create auto follow-up reminder email for already sent messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
smokiibear Share Office 365 Tasks such that Other Users also Are Alerted with Reminder Using Outlook 1
E Need Help on Setting up a repeated Reminder on Task with Reoccurence Every Year Using Outlook 6
J Change reminder times of future appointments Using Outlook 1
S PoP up reminder while opening the outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Pop up reminder while i close outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Create a Task by Draft-EMail > Task+Reminder not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1