Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolke

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

I would like to report very strange issue that I'm experiencing with 2 specific email addresses on the same domain. Any comment and suggestion is highly appreciated that could help me solve the problem.

Here are the details:

I have several email addresses on the same domain which is: dekom dot co dot rs

On one PC that is running Windows XP sp2, and has outlook 2010 x86 installed I have only one email account and that is 3d at dekom dot co dot rs.

On the other one that is running Windows 7 professional sp1 x64 I have outlook 2010 with 2 pst files, in one there is info at tvojservis dot com and in the other there are 3 email accounts: catchall at dekom dot co dot rs, nedjo at dekom dot co dot rs and some third that is not important and it is some 3rd domain as well...

Only issue I have is that emails sent from 3d at dekom dot co dot rs to nedjo at dekom dot co dot rs were not delivered into outlook inbox. All others are functioning great, and even when I send vice versa, vrom nedjo to 3d account mails has been delivered without any issue.

I need to point out that emails when send from 3d to nedjo acc, are delivered in the webmail, but for some unknown reason Outlook just wont pick it up.

Any advice?

Ty in advance

Dean

Re: Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content..

it's odd that outlook won't download them - are you sure they aren't in the junk folder or moved/deleted by rules? That is the usual cause - if outlook isn't downloading them, it means the message is corrupt and typically, that prevents later messages from being downloaded.

Ty for taking interest in my case here.

It might have to do with the rules as I have few, but even when I turn them off (all of them) same thing happens.

I doubt that email are corrupted as they are coming from the same domain and I sent bunch of them from that account. When I send same email to other addresses in and outside that domain they are delivered so I highly doubt that msgs are problem.

But now, as you mentioned rules, I suspect something is wrong with them even when I turn them off.

Is there some thing I can do to delete all rules and its settings in outlook 2010?

Ty in advanced

Dean

You can export the rules to a file then delete them then restart outlook with the /cleanrules switch.

Actually before doing that, I'd test it in safe mode. To open Outlook in Safe mode: Close Outlook then hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon. You'll get a message asking if you want to start in Safe mode. Click Ok.

I will try that and let you know what I accomplished.

Ty

Non of the thing worked.

I started Outlook with the switch after I deleted all the rules but still wont pick up the emails.

Same in the safe mode...

Any other suggestion?

Are you sure its not going into junk mail?

Make a new test profile for the nedjo address (that is the one that isn't downloading the message, correct?) - use a new pst file and see if it works.

Hi Diane,

I'm pretty sure that it is not going into spam folder, double checked.

I will try what you suggested and get back here with the results.

Ty

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.