Outlook Add-In That Calculates Time Based on Area Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDawn

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 32-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is there an Outlook Add-In that can tell you the time or time zone for a contact based on their area code?

No, I'm not aware of anything. I'll mention it to some developers - maybe someone will come up with something.

I'd probably do a zip code look up, as area codes are not accurate because of number portability.

Diane,

That's a great start.

I can't take credit for the basic idea though. Back in the mid to late 80's there used to be a PIM/Business Directory called Hotline. This DOS program (which was distributed on 5.25" floppies) would tell you your contact's local time based on their Area Code. Of course, this was before cell phones, so number portability wasn't an issue back then.

If someone (like you) could write an add-in using ZIP code data instead, I'm sure a bunch of people, including myself, would purchase it.

I think it would sell well too. In my searches for web sites that brought up the TZ, i found a windows program that does lookups, but it's not integrated with outlook. It's basically a local version of the websites, but for $25.

There's also this program. I've been using it for years and it's a nice little app. Perhaps you can work with them to integrate their data.

http://www.getzips.com/

If you do manage to get this to work, I have only one request. Please, please make it compatible with Outlook 2007 :)

That's the app I found last night. I wonder if it supports command lines... or if the hotkeys can be controlled by VBA.

I can copy the zip code to the clipboard using VBA- that is like 3 lines of code, then use SendKeys to initiate the hotkey. Sendkeys is messy, but if it's the only way, it will work.

Oh, I know those guys. Their Shortkeys program is pretty nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
L Tired of Outlook disabling Adobe PDF Creator add-in Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
A Add to Outlook Contacts from email - default view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
O Outlook on Android - add BCC Using Outlook 2
J Execute Add-In Button from VBA Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J vb to c# for Outlook add-in. Using Outlook 0
R Outlook add-in to create new contact from an email. Using Outlook 0
A add birthday to outlook contacts Using Outlook 1
Tanja Östrand Outlook 2016 - Create Macro button to add text in Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Add Exchange Account to existing POP3 Outlook 2007 Profile Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2016 follow-up flags--how can I add dates? Using Outlook 1
J VB6 Add-in fails to load in Outlook 16 - message useless Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Disable Outlook Add-ins (Apps) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky The Best Outlook Store Add-ins Contest Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Add to Outlook Contacts Bug (Fixed) Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Add a Charm to Outlook Meetings Using Outlook 0
N Get the seconds with userproperties.add method VBA Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook Add-on for Exchange Spam Management? Exchange Server Administration 2
O Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite Using Outlook 4
J Outlook calendar...How to add an event or appointment without a border around it? Using Outlook 9
iwshim Can I add an Unsubscribe link to Outlook outgoing email? Something like this? Using Outlook 1
Mark Klaassen HOw to keep Outlook iCloud add-in enabled Using Outlook 4
Tech Checkers Make Outlook add Contact Card Address in Location Field based on Appointment Subject Name. Using Outlook 2
B No email accounts in outlook. Cannot add email Using Outlook 5
A iCloud add-on for Outlook: Reminder for new appointment is set to 'None' by default. How to change? Using Outlook 6
T Cannot successfully add gmail IMAP account to Outlook 2013. Using Outlook 1
D Preventing users to disable an Outlook Add-in Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5